Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nissan Xtrail 2.2CDI

Rides
    Freelanders are underrated, the FL2 even looks less 'girly'.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I'm looking for a soft roader myself at the moment. Need the size for the kids and because of the misusses's issues we need something a bit taller so she doesn't need to bend putting the kids in. Also needs to be an auto so a bit more limited.

The ones on top of my list at the moment are a mid 2000's rav-4 or cv-r. Think the honda got a great review for being good on the road handling wise, haven't started looking into known problems for them yet though.

Rides
    Don't laugh but kia /Hyundai do a little 4x4 Tucson it's got on the fly 4x4 so it's 2 wheel drive which makes it good on fuel the diesel manual or auto isn't too but the petrol is a no no.

The other car worth looking at is the bmw x3 the 2.0 diesel ks plenty and good on fuel but are rarer to find than the 3.0 diesel.

Rides
    I had an x trail for 2 1/2 years and did lots of drift car towing with it including driving to poland and back with a trailer on . towed with ease, comfy , handled ok given the size , decent mpg.

2 faults. one rear screen exploded one day

and 2

the rear diff locked and exploded one day ( fortunately at sub 5mph ) nissan wanted £2500 to replace but it was in warranty so covered

apparently a very common issue.

the fact it runs fwd most of the time means it is reasonable on diesel. the 2.2 dci engine is decent too.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    My a4 Quattro is epic in muddy fields, snow etc. if ground clearance isn't an issue then an audi Quattro of sorts is a fair bet.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by shaboy View Post
    I'm looking for a soft roader myself at the moment. Need the size for the kids and because of the misusses's issues we need something a bit taller so she doesn't need to bend putting the kids in. Also needs to be an auto so a bit more limited.

The ones on top of my list at the moment are a mid 2000's rav-4 or cv-r. Think the honda got a great review for being good on the road handling wise, haven't started looking into known problems for them yet though.
    You wont really get any issues with the CR-V tbh - esp if its the pertol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Don't laugh but kia /Hyundai do a little 4x4 Tucson it's got on the fly 4x4 so it's 2 wheel drive which makes it good on fuel the diesel manual or auto isn't too but the petrol is a no no.

The other car worth looking at is the bmw x3 the 2.0 diesel ks plenty and good on fuel but are rarer to find than the 3.0 diesel.
    We have a Tucson diesel at work and I quite like it on the occaisions I get handed the keys, can't comment on off-road ability or economy though (It's a pool car).

Unless the X3 is a fcuk-sight better offroad than the X5's and 7's then simply no. Pretty much every wet race day at Combe I get the amusement of watching X5's getting stuck in a flat wet grassy field. If I wasn't track side then I'd make a point of driving the 180 over to tow them out

Rides
    Yeah alot of the smaller ones are rubbish on the rough then again the audi Q7 gets stuck on wet grass.

I would think the free loaner would be the best off road.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post

The other car worth looking at is the bmw x3 the 2.0 diesel
    You mean the one with the imploding engine

Vitaras are cheap and very capable

Thought about pick ups? L200 etc? However they seem to keep their value so are more than the equiv 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Scooby Forester? Full time 4x4, more ground clearance than a freelander, and will beat the others listed on both handling and performance. If you get the turbo one they are dead easy to tune as well, raiding bits from the appropriate impreza...

MPG won't be as good as a diesel, but as you can pick them up dead cheap you can probably offset quite a few thousands worth of fuel...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You mean the one with the imploding engine

Vitaras are cheap and very capable

Thought about pick ups? L200 etc? However they seem to keep their value so are more than the equiv 4x4
    well I think the 3 litre its where its at but the man was worried about MPG

You still got that discovery and a winch?

I'm sure there is a dam begging to be climbed

Rides
    plenty of LPG 4x4s better than diesel economy and better reliability than a diesel

Rides
    Jeep v8 4.7 on lpg