Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott's USDM Zenki S14 daily.

Rides
    Really like this one! Those Works are lovely!

You was lucky to get no cosmetic damage on that spin! I would've poo'd a little!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldoz View Post
    Really like this one! Those Works are lovely!

You was lucky to get no cosmetic damage on that spin! I would've poo'd a little!
    Yeah..truthfully it really shook me up. I was super close to hitting trees, a sign etc. I guess it proved how strong these cars really are, but i'm still really cautious around the car now...taking it really slow until I get my confidence back. I over-estimated my driving ability and underestimated the car. I'm just happy it's back together now and back on fighting form!

I was super grateful of the friends I've got over here, I've only been living here for 10 months but they were more than happy to spend countless hours rebuilding the car with me in exchange for food and beer. Southern hospitality is really alive!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CryScott View Post
    Yeah..truthfully it really shook me up. I was super close to hitting trees, a sign etc. I guess it proved how strong these cars really are, but i'm still really cautious around the car now...taking it really slow until I get my confidence back. I over-estimated my driving ability and underestimated the car. I'm just happy it's back together now and back on fighting form!

I was super grateful of the friends I've got over here, I've only been living here for 10 months but they were more than happy to spend countless hours rebuilding the car with me in exchange for food and beer. Southern hospitality is really alive!
    Makes me want to emigrate! hmmmmmmmmm! How much of a ballache is it importing UK cars to use on the roads? (Just out of interest nothing more!)

Rides
    Makes me want to emigrate! hmmmmmmmmm! How much of a ballache is it importing UK cars to use on the roads? (Just out of interest nothing more!)
    It's impossible unfortunately..In the US you can't import any car less than 25 years old, and even then some states require you to do emissions testing. R32 Skylines are just about legal to import here now, so we're starting to see more R32's, Jdm S13's and A31 Cephiros. If (heaven forbid) I was ever made to come back to the UK I would bring my car back because the UK is awesome in that aslong as you can MOT it, you can run it pretty much. I often regale people here with stories of how amazing the UK is for japanese cars, but equally (atleast for me) I was so broke when I was there that I couldn't even entertain the idea of owning one.

Essentially i've spent probably 10k (pounds) ontop of the price of a UKDM S14 making it just abit better than UK spec. Imports here and a real pain, the 240sx's all came with KA's so just having an SR can pose a real problem. I'm lucky that North Carolina has a law where OBD1 (zenki) 240's only need a visual emissions inspection, so aslong as it looks like your car has a cat, charcoal cannister and EGR valve, you're golden. Also, 240's in the UK attract a 'better' crowd, I'm lucky that i've got some really cool friends that are into these cars, but for ever 1 person that gives a shit about doing their car right, there are about 15 terrible clown (no panel the same colour) 240sx's with fuccbois driving them. It seems (to me) that 200sx's are the reserve of technically minded professionals in the UK, which is probably why you/we get so many gorgeous examples of tastefully modded ones.

Emigrating over here was probably the best thing I've ever done, but I definitely miss subtle things about home. Like people with a sense of humour :P

One thing that is really cool about having the KA24 motors over here is that people definitely do things alittle 'differently' when it comes to swapping their motors, I've got a friend with a S13 with an S14 SR in it, with a S13 redtop bottom end and a TD06 top mount turbo. Another friend with a KA with a frontier/xterra supercharger on it, one guy with a R33 front end molded into his KA-T S14 and another dude with a 600hp RB26 in his S14 https://www.facebook.com/NationalSpe...3329676088103/. I guess being forced to switch out your motor makes you pretty imaginative about their replacement.
    Last edited by CryScott; 28-09-2015 at 15:40.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CryScott View Post
    It's impossible unfortunately..In the US you can't import any car less than 25 years old, and even then some states require you to do emissions testing. R32 Skylines are just about legal to import here now, so we're starting to see more R32's, Jdm S13's and A31 Cephiros. If (heaven forbid) I was ever made to come back to the UK I would bring my car back because the UK is awesome in that aslong as you can MOT it, you can run it pretty much. I often regale people here with stories of how amazing the UK is for japanese cars, but equally (atleast for me) I was so broke when I was there that I couldn't even entertain the idea of owning one.

Essentially i've spent probably 10k (pounds) ontop of the price of a UKDM S14 making it just abit better than UK spec. Imports here and a real pain, the 240sx's all came with KA's so just having an SR can pose a real problem. I'm lucky that North Carolina has a law where OBD1 (zenki) 240's only need a visual emissions inspection, so aslong as it looks like your car has a cat, charcoal cannister and EGR valve, you're golden. Also, 240's in the UK attract a 'better' crowd, I'm lucky that i've got some really cool friends that are into these cars, but for ever 1 person that gives a shit about doing their car right, there are about 15 terrible clown (no panel the same colour) 240sx's with fuccbois driving them. It seems (to me) that 200sx's are the reserve of technically minded professionals in the UK, which is probably why you/we get so many gorgeous examples of tastefully modded ones.

Emigrating over here was probably the best thing I've ever done, but I definitely miss subtle things about home. Like people with a sense of humour :P
    That last sentence sums up 80% of Americans i swear! No sense of humour.

What an absolute night the US is about cars then. That's a shame really. I was looking on CraigsList before and the 240's are quite pricey over the pond!

Rides
    That last sentence sums up 80% of Americans i swear! No sense of humour.

What an absolute night the US is about cars then. That's a shame really. I was looking on CraigsList before and the 240's are quite pricey over the pond!
    Ugh tell me about it, I had a flu-jab at work the other day and I said to the nurse 'This means I'm invincible now right? I can just fall down the stairs and i'll be fine right?' and the poor nurse spent 5 minites telling me that wasn't a very good idea and to be careful.

Rides
    Evening all,

So, quick update.

I had to remove the 15mm spacers from the front wheels as the scrubbing was just getting on my nerves and ruining the driving experience. As you can see, my turning was polishing the inside of my fenders pretty heavily.

My new Kouki wing turned up too!

Hopefully going to get estimates on painting it, my hood and my new DMAX roof spoiler this weekend

Rides
    I managed to get the hood, trunk, wing and roof spoiler matched to the body of the car:

Rides
    love the wing dude! just not a fan on the rear lights and the white plastics.
    Paint them all blue, the car would look even better...but thats just my opinion !

keep up the good work

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by YannG View Post
    love the wing dude! just not a fan on the rear lights and the white plastics.
    Paint them all blue, the car would look even better...but thats just my opinion !

keep up the good work
    Hey man! Thanks for the comments, I think I might actually be buying my friend's Dmax tail lights this week for a bargain which will be good. I've been looking for a set of 326power tail lights for the longest time but they're rarer than rocking horse shit in the US so I can't get my hands on them. Fingers crossed the deal goes through

Added the DMAX wing and some new ProjectMu pads:

I've been having an issue recently where the car would keep coming out of alignment, culminating in one of my tension rods coming apart whilst I was driving which scared the shit out of me! Luckily I think i've got the issue sorted now, I've tighened the arms to hell after getting it aligned and I think the recent rains caused the arms to rust and lock up. Fingers crossed it stays this way because I was getting bored of getting the car aligned.

Also, been going to some local skid-racing events with my friends, it's always a good day out

https://instagram.com/p/9jfuSPkceg/
    https://instagram.com/p/9j60Dvkcb_/

and also made the car even more irritating:
    https://instagram.com/p/9MqGRoEcVy/
    Last edited by CryScott; 10-11-2015 at 15:19.

Rides
    Over Thanksgiving (yeah..) I did some more work on the car, managed to pick up some DMAX tail lights and tinted them red!

I also picked up a Garage Defend cooling panel from a buddy, these are RARE over here in the US, I would say this is one of very few Zenki GD panels in the US at all. I painted it black with some Rustoleum Enamel and buffed and polished the piss out of it to get it like glass. Very happy with how it turned out. I still have a long way to go to get the car show worthy, but still, it's a step in the right direction...

Then did the obligatory photo shoot:

Last edited by CryScott; 30-11-2015 at 04:19.

Rides
    My ACT stage 1 clutch has started slipped so I've dropped the boost down to WG again so I can still use the car, but I picked up a new clutch kit to install over christmas:

I ended up buying:

Mt-90 gl-4 redline fluid. (Specifically gl-4)
    Circuit Sports Clutch Pivot Ball
    Nissan OEM Front Cover Transmission Gasket - S13/14/15
    Competition Clutch - Nissan Silvia "White Bunny" Upgrade for SR20DET- FULL FACE DISK (Rated to 400hp)
    ARP Upgraded SR20DET Flywheel Bolt Set
    OEM Throw-Out Bearing for Nissan SR20DET
    OEM Pilot Bushing for Nissan SR20DET
    Cometic Rear Rear Main Seal for Nissan SR20DET

Hoping that will hold my 300ish hp and withstand a few years of driving, planning on doing it on my buddie's lift to make things alittle easier/quicker.

Also went to a few car shows yesterday including a drift-what-you-brung type event at a local stock-car track:

The car is much the same except I have installed some red interior bosozoku style LED's and painted the aero-catches to match the colour-scheme of the car.

Some videos:

(my car at 1:00)

My friend Chris Cotrupi doing some skids:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/_hge-ukcfj/

So yeah, not sure if folks are reading this, but it's nice for me keep track of what I'm doing with the car.

Happy Christmas everyone! Wish I was back in England for the festivities.
    Scott.
    Last edited by CryScott; 20-12-2015 at 20:55.

Rides
    Im now sold on that roof spoiler. First cosmetic mod next year!

Rides
    Im now sold on that roof spoiler. First cosmetic mod next year!
    You won't regret it! I almost didnt get it painted or fit it, but in the end I'm very happy I did, makes the car look alot more sleek in my opinion. Make sure you get the legit DMAX one as some of the others are pretty shoddy in their fitment. With the strength of the pound atm, it'll be pretty cheap from FRsport

Rides
    Started buying bits for the interior of the car. Managed to pick up a genuine Ergo 1.5 from Japan. A local guy had gotten it years ago in a swap and didn't realise it was a genuine Bride seat, he sold it to me for $300 (£200!) what a bargain, currently bidding on a second seat from Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Good work on the seat mate. Cars coming along well
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks Chris! I managed to get myself a second one from Japan so I'll be waiting on that before I install them in the car.

I've also been working for the past few weeks on a small side project, I found a set of badly damaged zenki headlights on eBay. So I spent the a whole bunch of time using fibreglass to repair them and mount....led lightbars inside them. I've had such terrible headlights for a long time so I decided I wanted to put my ideas into reality and make something with the style I like and great light output.

It has been a real project to get them all fixed up and ready to be ran as headlights on a daily, I've wired in a resistor so I can turn down the strength of the beam to make it less obnoxious to other road users, will hopefully fit them tomorrow once they finish drying!

Scott

Rides
    Finally got them mounted up. They're still alittle wonky as I'm just waiting for my buddy to extend my Intercooler brackets in order to straighten everything up. Still, very happy with them!

Rides
    Made some LED turn signals:

Bought a second seat:

Rides
    Always wanted to mess around with led lights, did you use a board or what for your indicators?