Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scott's USDM Zenki S14 daily.

Rides

Scott's USDM Zenki S14 daily.

Quote Originally Posted by leno View Post
    Always wanted to mess around with led lights, did you use a board or what for your indicators?
    Hey Leno,

I bought a number of PCB boards, 60 leds and a few different resistors and then made a template of my indicators and cut the boards to fit. Then I glue gunned the boards together and built my led pattern and circuit on the back of the boards. Then I used hot glue to essentially fuse the led board and the indicator housing. Definitely alot of work, but im really happy with the results.

Also had the old girl aligned today..I decided to run more camber up front to even out the front and back as best possible, now I've got 5.5 degrees at the front and 7 up back. Chambergang fuccboi status achieved...

And painted the back seats to spruce them up abit:
    Last edited by CryScott; 13-02-2016 at 06:55.

Rides
    Had the chance to take some photos with some friends this weekend, I'm so happy with how they came out. I've had to put the car away again for a while as the weather is getting worse and worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    As said earlier mate. Love the lights, and your photographer mate has some skills

How does it drive with the rear camber?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    As said earlier mate. Love the lights, and your photographer mate has some skills

How does it drive with the rear camber?
    Ahah thanks man! I'll send him your regards, he thinks he's terrible for some bizarre reason.

The rear camber definitely affects handling for the worse, but not terribly. It still put the power down fine, it will spin if I push it but nothing insane. The worst side effect is the tendancy for the car to follow bumps in the road, alhtough ive added a very small amount of toe at the back to try and counteract this (all within factory specs). I mean, I still daily drive it, and I do miss when I was more square from a drive ability standpoint, but I used to just be tempted to get it sideways all the time which ended in tears for me.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha ha, yeah remember you saying about having a moment a while back... Like the look of camber but want the grip and drive ability of a square stance
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    So I've been having some issues with my t28, unfortunately it began burning/leaking a bunch of oil. Turns out the issue was that the previous owner did not use a restrictor on the turbo and opted for a very small drain line. So I decided to rebuild the gt2871r I had sitting around with a new chra and switch the turbo out to fix the leak.

So yeah, thanks to the previous owner for costing me a fortune.

So I stripped everything down:

And at the same time rebuilt the turbo with the correct size restrictor and drain with ISIS lines.

A big concern for me was that the oil feed on my block was damaged, I planned to block up this hole and run a long feed line from my sandwich plate, I had an Earls AN fitting lying around so i figured I would test it to make sure the feed hole was stripped as badly as I thought, turns out it the deeper treads of the AN fitting catches thread. I decided to tighten it up as much as I could (it's hand tight) with thread locker on the threads and a copper crush washer between the two. Then I applied a liberal coating of Jb weld to seal the fitting in place to eliminate any risk of further issues.

Fingers crossed I'll have the turbo back in the car fairly shortly, I'm just waiting for a 90 degree AN adapter to connect my new feed line and my new oil feed bung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I prefer that style of hose fittings. Getting the Bango lines back on to the block is the worst part of removing/replacing the turbo imo

Rides

So the turbo rebuild went well, removing the snap ring was a real nightmare but over the course of a couple of days I managed to refit it all, tighten everything up and get it all running right. We primed the turbo and it started right up! It's boosting at around 15-18psi which feels amazing.

Last edited by CryScott; 14-03-2016 at 19:07.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Love it. See you're enjoying the new turbo, going to up the boost at all

Rides
    I'm not planning on going much higher just out of not wanting to blow the thing up! I am running forged pistons, ARP hardware and a cosworth HG so it could probably hold more, but I don't fancy destroying it any time soon lol!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    With a semi forged block you should be good for maxing the turbo out with the right supporting mods I'm running 1.5bar with a similar set up minus the forged pistons

Rides
    Just read all the way through this. Car looks awesome dude and all the work you have put into it has payed off! Wheels look great and I love the roof spoiler must get me one of those!

And on a side note jealous that you are living the dream over there, I have always liked the idea of moving over!