Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S 1 3 | p r o j e c t

Rides

S 1 3 | p r o j e c t

Another update, the both footwells are done now and the boys have started one of the chassis rails can start to see the light

Now for the next one

Also started the very mucky job of cleaning up the tank ready for undersealing.

Some more inspiration for myself as to what route im going for

I'm thinking a twin tone colour red/black with some nice fender flares to match, like this AE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by twoggy; 03-02-2015 at 23:03.

Rides

S 1 3 | p r o j e c t

Quote Originally Posted by twoggy View Post
    Had a big crash recently on the bike too, which involved a mountain bike, a jump and me getting knocked out (with footage).

Also blew out my forks More expense!

Cwmcarn ?

Rides
    Hahahaha yes colinjy! You local?

Rides
    No I'm closer to London than carn, used to be a regular weekender up until a year or so ago

Rides
    Ah cool mate, its a great venue!

On the car, there's not a lot to report. Getting there slowly! Meeting my man Gav from Kinzuru Sunday at Pembrey Drift Day for orders of my skirts and jun style fenders I can then start with the fun stuff and hopefully get it back on the road soon

Rides
    Sorry a bit off topic but what are the rear wheels on the skyline. They look nice

Rides
    w h a t s w i t h t h e s p a c i n g - t h i s d o e s n o t m a k e y o u j a p a n e s e

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by twoggy View Post
    Ah cool mate, its a great venue!

On the car, there's not a lot to report. Getting there slowly! Meeting my man Gav from Kinzuru Sunday at Pembrey Drift Day for orders of my skirts and jun style fenders I can then start with the fun stuff and hopefully get it back on the road soon
    They are Japan racing mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
    w h a t s w i t h t h e s p a c i n g - t h i s d o e s n o t m a k e y o u j a p a n e s e
    Haha Its not to make me Japanese, Im far from it. Its to make the title stand out when I'm searching for it to update. Is that ok? lol

Rides
    What rims are those? The white ones you're having mounted?
    - Staying tuned on this project

Rides
    Hi Twoggy,

Great build thread. From searching I have established the amazing rims you have are Rota Kyusha with the gunmetal centres and gloss black lip, was just wondering if you could tell me what the specs of the wheels are, width, ET, size etc. They look amazing and just what I am after for my 180SX. Where would I obtain a set of these from ?

Best of luck with your project

Doug

Rides
    Thanks guys

200 - If you're on about the white wheels they were Rota GTR 17s, but wasn't fussed on them. Im more of a dark wheel/hardcore look person. Thanks anyways mate

Doug - Thanks for the kind words man, thats right mate. These are the 9j but you can also get the 9.5j and both sizes are et12. To fit them under a stock arch you may have to roll and pull the arch a tad but due to me using the jun arch flares I'm not bothering. Plus Ill be going down the square tyre look and not stretched, id like the car to handle haha! I had them through my business partners Kinzuru, but if you wanted a set PM me and I could sort an order out for you

Rides
    I had an hour spare last night and fitted them up to the car and then put the tyres on (eventhough I have loads more to get on with haha).

I had 2 spare new Maxxis tyres in the shed so they are now on and 2 more are ordered. Can't really get the just of how it will look (being in the air) but the garage was full of Evos. And this is the ****er that keeps bringing them in.

I'm a fan of this one mind as it's been rebuilt with forged internals and close to 550hp.

Crazy bastard took it off the clock at one point too! Fear... What fear!

I do apologise for the crap'ola iPhone images

Last edited by twoggy; 26-02-2015 at 11:39.

Rides
    I'm liking the new wheels.

Rides
    Mate those wheels are so amazing. I am absolutely loving them your car is going to look bad ass. It's such a shame they are ET12 I have a mint 97 type x and just cannot bring myself to pull the arches. Could do with an ET 25 or something. Is there any material on the back of the hub face that could be machined off to raise the offset at all.

Looking forward to future updates.

Rides
    Car is looking fantastic mate!! Best of luck with it!

Rides

S 1 3 | p r o j e c t

Thanks guys Good to know some people have a similar taste.

Doug - yes I think they only do et12 but you could poss get someone to machine the wheel down 10mm to et22 ;-) or there always an option of the Works wheels

Ben851 - thanks mate. I will need luck with it being the deepest project I've got myself into, but there again I've learnt a load

On that note, I had a few hours on the car Saturday (bastards in the garage left me there to deal with their customers too!)

Once again sorry for the iPhone crap'olla photography, I can't justify bringing the DSLR into the garage.

You can see the wheel has rubbed in through part of the loom.

Me looking very amused, **** you wiring!

All done and tucked now so I'm happy that's out of the way, eventhough my mate (the mechanic) was supposed to be doing it ha!

Had some nice machines in today... A lot of power under one roof

Got home, missed the rugby (Wales are shite anyways) and looked like oily-Roy so I jumped into my garage and started to sport that, followed with cutting the legs of my shelving so it fits nice.

Next up will be to get some bolts to fit up the shelves on the left, paint them, get another desk and cage up the windows for security :-) Looks a mess now but most the shit will be either going in the car or for sale like the stock interior, tubular manifold, old back box and seats

Last edited by twoggy; 02-03-2015 at 14:26.

Rides
    Changed the logo for my mates garage and did some stickers for him today, mrs was happy; garage Saturday and on the Mac Sunday lol

Still in working progress at the mo

Rides

S 1 3 | p r o j e c t

A little update, had quite a productive day Saturday. Got into the garage at about 11, got the dash out with all other Shizzle and carpets by 1 (first time I've ever took a dash out so was happy with that).

Yerp that's genuine...

The dash now out and the car looking sorry for itself

Then had to pop home to get the cage and other bits for test fitting.

There is now a spanner in the works as I'm not happy with the image with Jun style fenders and the wheels are very close to the arches.

Cracking view!

Flat spot created on the top of fenders due to pulling to clear the arch

Look better without if you ask me

Also a bit of a pig with the offset of the wheels they seem to be rubbing my calipers, so a set of spacers will have to be added to this mountain

Sooo... The next step is front and rear overfenders, **** it maybe even a Gp Sport full kit on order! (My mate Danny's car)

On the plus side the cage went in quite well, not bolted in as of yet but it fitted with mm spare

Last edited by twoggy; 09-03-2015 at 16:39.

Rides
    Looking good now mate, found the same problem with my jun arches but I'm going to make them work for now. That gp sports kit looks lovely though. Take it you didn't fancy the rocket bunny type 2 kit then?

Rides
    Na mate not fussed on the rocket bunny stuff. Personally I think it'll grow out of fashion fast.

Big update. Not posted in a while but the car is near enough ready to come out of my mates garage now, so will be trailering it home to finish off in my garage. Bumpers over fenders and skirts are ready to go on. I've also had a second thought on painting it and am going to wrap after going on a vehicle wrapping course with 3M in July. Should be fun ha!