Thread: Alarm fun and games

Rides

Alarm fun and games

Went to unlock/disarm the SX yesterday morning and got nothing - tried resetting the fob (red/bue buttons etc) and still got nothing.

Assumed the battery was flat, as it does seem to lose charge when the cars been sat for a while, took it off and managed to trigger the alarm while doing it so the alarm does work. Charged it over night - took a while so I guess it was quite low.

Reconnected it today, alarm went off (as it had not been reset since going off yesterday), normal keyfob still didn't work but master fob did.

Followed the re-syncing instructions for the 2 fobs but that didn't work either.
    Now I can't arm the alarm even with the master fob

Any suggestions???

Rides
    ok, been through the million search results for keyfob - master fob only unlocks/disarms so that explains that, replaced the battery in the other fob although it's not that old, see if that works tomorrow.........

Rides
    New remote battery made no difference, tried resyncing it several times but still nothing.
    Maybe I'll try the master resync again.....

Rides
    i am interested in this, my normal fob would not unlock the car or lock it, but the more i used the car the more it would start working, but then if i leave the car for a bit it doesn't want to work again!!! I thought it was the battery so used my spare fob, and that didn't work either. Need to investigate.