Thread: Top mounted T28 - Braided Lines Question

Rides

Top mounted T28 - Braided Lines Question

Hi folks.

Yesterday a top mount manifold and suitable elbow/downpipe was 'forced' upon me!

I know not to expect some huge power gains from this set up, its mainly for the noise haha. (It was very, very cheap as well!)

Now at the mo, I've an S15 turbo with braided lines. Before I go ripping it all apart to bolt the new shineys on, what new lines will I need? (as in length) as the turbo will obviously be further away.

Cheers all.

Chris.

Rides
    You are wasting your time dude. It's a completely, completely pointless set up. You'll get no more power than it would be bottom mount, if you do it bottom mount you won't need custom parts, and if you stick a T28 on the top it will look laughable. Why would it sound any different as well?

Stick with the bottom mount.

As for the lines, I doubt anyone can answer you as I don't know anyone that's done it. If you do, you're best bet is to mock them up with cheap hose so you know what you need, or order more braid than you think you will need.
    Last edited by piman2k; 26-01-2015 at 17:24.

Rides
    Hello mate, thanks for responding.

I know, when it was offered to me I was hesitant. But when it was the manifold (which wouldn't be too hard to return to a T3 flange in the future if I wanted,) gaskets, elbow and downpipe with a flexi, for a silly cheap price...

It's almost modding for the sake of modding, but hey, we do half the things we do just because we can right?

So mocking and measuring is the way forwards? Thanks chap.