Thread: ecigs, vaporizers etc please help! urgent!

Rides

ecigs, vaporizers etc please help! urgent!

Just wondered who on here uses an ecig device? Having some problems with my health and worried this could be the cause.

Basically I've smoked 20-30 fags a day for about 8 years, last year got told I had asthma, got a couple pumps to use that make it completely go away and not effect me.

6 months ago roughly my friend buys an ecig, I try it and find it ok so go and buy one and give up.

Had the usual dizziness for the first week that went away and started feeling better.

Now here's the issue, since I've started I've had a cough, maybe a bit worse than when I smokes fags. And I've had a few health problems, I seem to be getting alot of infections in my throat / sinuses, now I'm normally the sort of guy that gets ill once maybe twice a year. But I've been getting sick and generally feeling pretty shit every week/other week since I started.

Main symptoms are random bouts of light headedness, cold shakes, coughing fits, sore throat etc.

For instance I have 3 throat infection in the last 3 months, as I'm typing this on my phone, I'm in bed fully clothed under the blanket and I'm shaking like it's -10, this is from somewhere that things 5 Celsius is warm!

I've tried upping my water intake (10 glasses a day at least) vitamin tablets, changing voltage I vape at and how I vape, and 7 different brands of e liquid to no avail.

The main point is, I'm a smoker through and though, so if I give up vaping I'm back on fags, I have no issues admitting defeat but wanted to ask if this has been heard of?

The only evidence I have to go off is a friend of mine started vaping with asthma but he was even worse with the side effects.

Rides
    Go and see a doctor

Sorry to be blunt, but how old are you? Did you suffer from breathlessness as a child? Have you ever smoked crack or skunk / hash?

Have you recently been to West Africa? Joke

Chances are you have a severe infection, that may be exacerbated but to be told you had asthma after smoking 30 fags a day for 8 years - I'd be brave and go back to ask if it is COPD.

If it is, quit smoking now and get it treated. You can get rid of the infection, but the "Asthma" won't get better.....

Now as for e-cigs, I've used them and not had side effects, but I find I inhale less than I did with cigarettes.

Incidentally, did you smoke roll ups?

No way is this a judgement btw. I smoke and drink too much and am probably clinically obese..... but if anything I say can help someone... then all the better

Rides
    Roll ups sometimes mostly tailored, I'm 25, definitely asthma as this was well before vaporizers, had several chest xrays etc to find out its was asthma.

No not a smoker of other substances. As a kid I was fine, breathlessness came on in asthma attacks at night, now I'm breathless all the time.

I've. Been doctors several times and they don't really say much other than "quit smoking" including vaping. And a couple occasions have given me anti biotics

Rides
    It's not the vapes that have caused it, most likely the cigs. Quit using the vape and see how it goes, you may be allergic to something in it, but do not go back to the cigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    It maybe the the tiny hairs on the back of your throat starting to stand back up again after years of tar coating them. As silly as this sounds try some nasal hayfever relief the antihistamines may have the effect your after

Rides
    I used to to get bad throat infections when I smoked. I was a pretty heavy smoker, 20+ fags a day and a big bud smoker. I packed the fags up first then a few years later the bud(I only really smoked it pure even when a fag smoker). Giving up the fags was the best thing I ever did, felt so much better after time. I still kept getting throat infections for a few years after packing up all forms of smoking but get nothing now. So it could be whilst your body sort its self out.

Have you tried different types of ecig or liquid? as AshT says may something in that doesnt agree with you.

Rides
    It's just weird how I'm always getting infections since I've quit smoking. I've tried several different brands, a couple made me feel sick soon as I used them and one gave me massive dry mouth. Stuck with this brand for about 3 months.

Rides
    I've been vaping for about a year and a half, although I had a cig relapse for a few months in May. I've had no problems, and breathing is a lot better. While smoking, I only managed to run half a running track, so 200 metres running before gasping for air. After a week of vaping and no excercise, I then managed to run 800 metres before needing to slow down to catch a breath.

From what I've read, some people can be sensitive to one of the ingredients in the fluid. The PG can cause irritation, but I thought this was mainly in the mouth. I have had swollen gums once, although I had been prodded by the dentist earlier that day.

Rides
    Some searching online seems to suggest it can be pg or vg that I'm not getting along with, my chest seems to feel very heavy, so may have to start mixing my own. Got another appointment with asthma nurse next week so see if she has had anyone with similar issues.

Rides
    Ignore the internet, go to a doctor. It's your health.