Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Series 22

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysfun View Post
    There seems to be a lot of people on this forum of late that seriously need to go to anger management sessions

Nah their no good, just need to punch several politicians/TV presenters/Justin Bieber in the face...then give them some concrete boots and drop them off in the middle of the Atlantic

Rides
    Evans humped Billie Piper when she was fresh grass on the pitch, thats gota be worth a few "lad" points.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zornyan View Post
    Chris Evans just annoys me. Everytime I see his face I just want to punch it...
    He speaks very highly of you, Ollie

No matter how much of an annoying little twat you find him, you can't deny that :-

a) He enjoys himself
    b) He projects a positive attitude
    c) He's done well for himself for a working class lad from Cheshire
    d) He's still UK resident and paying his wack without dodgy tax avoidance schemes
    e) He's a petrolhead

For all that, I can almost forgive him for being a Ginger !

Sorry Arry Had to be said
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 18-06-2015 at 10:50.

Rides
    Chris Evans on TFI and Big Breakfast was brilliant. Just a shame he won't be able to get away with the typical bimbo sidekick on TG

He can be up his own arse but when wasn't Clarkson doing the same?

Rides
    Well if everyone stops watching it hopefully it will be easier to get tickets for the show

Evans always seems like he has time for people, if you have every been to a TG shooting you will know Clarkson doesnt During the break May and Hammond will alwys spend time signing autographs but JC is nowhere to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Lol Johnny I'm sure he does! Good point on the ginger thing, thought we were going to breed them out?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    And there was Chris Evans saying in the papers a month or so back that he would never host TG no matter what he was offer'd , runing true to form.
    So would you knife your mate in his back for a job?

If he'd have sat on the fence people would have hated him for it too.

****ed either way

Rides
    All I can say thank Christ Nick Knowles turned it down (according to Nick Knowles)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    All I can say thank Christ Nick Knowles turned it down (according to Nick Knowles)
    Was he "on the list"???

SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    Was he "on the list"???

Allegedly

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...-at-the-moment.

People whining about Chris Evans..... It could have been a lot worse. You could have had Mike Brewer stepping in to the role

http://www.sunmotors.co.uk/news/mike...down-top-gear/

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    And there was Chris Evans saying in the papers a month or so back that he would never host TG no matter what he was offer'd , runing true to form.
    Ever done any negotiation? Walking into the room telling people how much you want the deal and its your dream job doesnt give you a lot of leverage

I think it was pretty clear the deal had been signed when TFI aired last week judging by Clarkson and Hamiltons comments
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Should have picked Mike Brewer, as everyone loves that guy and his awesome car shows

Rides
    Evans said he wouldn't take the job, but that's when the future was unsure for his mates. Now they have ruled themselves out, he's taken the job. I like Evans, he's very good on radio 2, has more knowledge about cars and car history than all the other 3 combined. If you base your judgements of Evans from 10-15 years ago, he's a lot more likeable now.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Im struggling to understand the people that are saying this is anything other than awesome .........

Some might not remember TV before TFI Friday, Dont forget your Toothbrush or Big Breakfast but it was completely different, he literally redefined popular TV. He then went on to make (and lose) £1bn with Virgin Radio, and currently hosts the highest rating radio show ever.

But more than this, the guy is a petrolhead with an amazing collection of cars, an undeniable passion for it (Carfest is a pretty good example but theres a lot more than that) and an actual knowledge of the history, mechanics and technology of motoring.

So we have pretty much undeniably the most successful broadcaster/producer of the last 25 years who's first love in life is cars vs a journo from the local paper who admitted he didnt know and didnt care about cars, even after they made him a multimillionaire 50 times over and as we know was often well wide of the mark in his reviews.

Fair play, if Evans does it and it turns out to be shyte then switch off, but I personally think hes the only person who can take a tired and hackneyed show like TG and make it fresh and exciting again.
    For me... This exactly...

Rides
    I think it could be brilliant. I'll reserve judgement till I've seen the show though, but I'm confident he's the man for the job.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    And can rustle up a meal if they are late back from filming
    Quote Originally Posted by ben8000 View Post
    Quote of the day. Pmsl
    Quote Originally Posted by billham View Post
    Well Chris Evens just been on the one show talking about him getting the job. Turns out he going to be helping producing the show as well. The big twist is tomorrow morning on his radio show he going to announce the they will be letting any one into cars send in auditions tapes, to may be next hosts of topgear. As said might have some people who just come go inbertween shows depending whats on ect.

So deffo worth making tape up as here chance to have that dream job, as it turns out this is the way they found Hammond and May to which i never new.
    Mark with a wisecrack like that you really should apply.

Rides
    It's been alleged that days before Chris Evans was offered the job, a BBC executive met with Clarkson to try and get him to come back. However Clarkson took offence at being compared with Jimmy Saville by some BBC execs and said no

Of course the BBC deny this

Clarkson has also hinted that they will be announcing the new car show in the next couple of weeks

Rides
    They should call it Tall Git after the main presenter. That way they get to keep using the initials.

...or maybe Excellent Smack so everyone knows its Top Gear just reworded.

Rides
    if Chris Evans is replacing JC, who makes up the rest of the team? Hammond and May?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    if Chris Evans is replacing JC, who makes up the rest of the team? Hammond and May?

I think they want to get people to send in audition videos in if heard the radio earlier correctly