Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Series 22

Rides
    This was the funniest episode ive ever watched hahah still laughing

Rides
    If Top Gear is now entirely scripted slapstick they could at least write a decent script.

Sorry but this lazy, phoned-in crap with sloppy editing and overdubbed sound effects is not some sort of anti-PC, high-art, comic genius

What bothers me most is they can and should do better, especially considering their enormous budget and salaries.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    If Top Gear is now entirely scripted slapstick they could at least write a decent script.

Sorry but this lazy, phoned-in crap with sloppy editing and overdubbed sound effects is not some sort of anti-PC, high-art, comic genius

What bothers me most is they can and should do better, especially considering their enormous budget and salaries.
    The point is they don't give a flying ****. They do what they like and it gets the viewers and its BBC's most poluler TV show show who cares.

Rides

What bothers me most.........
    What bothers me most is you still fooking watch it
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    As i have repeatedly mentioned time and again, no bugger is going to watch a car program about cars... not a serious car program.
    Its just not going to happen, 95% of the viewing public could give two monkeys about watching a good review about the latest mondeo or what not. Millions however turn out to watch three tits mincing around in cars.

Rides
    I think they are as good as they have ever been. Some of the "best" or "my favourite" episodes are from the older series but overall this series so far has been awesome... well all 3 of the episodes lol

Rides
    What bothers me most is that I thought it was a complete waste of time.

I gave up an hour of my time and all it did was make me laugh.

What it needs is more stuff that I can moan about and complain and whinge about.

I didn't get where I am today by watching TV programs that made me laugh !

Rides
    I deduced the porker had a HKS ssqv and the hearse had an induction kit or they binned the airbox
    couple of times the porker in-car sound track was the Deeep 24 valve V6 induction roar soundtrack of the hearse !!!!
    Sloppy real Sloppy

it was still a good episode,SIARPC was possibly the best 4 wheel drift into second to last corner ever
    and the comment about seeing the back of Hamilton's car wiped the big grin off his face
    and did Clarkson try a faint comedy remark about criminals,decendants,and Austrialia ??

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quality, they are back on form
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I couldnt work out why you would need a 24V Cossie lump in a herse
    All that wood and tinsle tat adds a fair bit of weight,some the fiberglass outer skin is glued onto the stock metal
    like they often fit harder rear springs and they still sag arse end down
    And May quotes the power at 208 when I remember it was 190 (208 is the senator/Carlton 24v)
    Cosworth did do the heads/cams top end work but the engine was known to strip or wear it's oil pump drive shaft
    at very low miles (as low as just over 50k mls),A 6mm hexagonal shaft is possibly the worst thing to use,as it rounds of easily
    not a big problem, its only the oil pump!, that not important
    Cosworth fitted harder oil pump drive gears but used the same shaft the 2.9 cologne used that wore and rounded off at 100k miles

Rides
    The original 24V Cossie was 195bhp, the revised version in the froggy Scorpio was 206bhp
    Mark is right.

Rides
    What's the story with the place they were hammering around, Theale apparently? Is it a while abandoned town?

Rides
    looked like a military training town to me. I live next door to an old mod base which has a similar vibe near the training buildings

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    What's the story with the place they were hammering around, Theale apparently? Is it a while abandoned town?
    I think the Theale bit was a joke, looks like an MOD training area.

Just like the time Clarkson took the F-Type to 'Buckinghamshire' with utterly spectacular views, mountains and all that shit.
    Was filmed in the Scottish Highlands, but made some plebs from London scratch their heads

Rides
    Definitely not Theale, it was Lydd Ranges I think, from a quick browse on Google

Rides
    Best episode in a very long time.

Rides
    Thanks lads, thought it was a training facility all right, but the pics of Theale on Google looks very similar!

Rides

I was at this filming of this episode and it was far funnier than on the TV.

Clarkson is very anti PC and which gets mostly edited out, sadly they also edited out a piece on "Brake" which he ripped the arse out of.

I don't think that Daniel ricardo's interview was scripted I was surprised and glad that they kept the bit where he gave the audience member the finger.

Rides
    DR in the rpc was awesome.

The ambulance skit had its moments but overall a bit meh! The lifting of the skirt was funny but the whole JC in the back of the porker was cringe worthy imho.

The old shooting stuff out of the back of other stuff still has its place on TV for me.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ican View Post
    I was at this filming of this episode and it was far funnier than on the TV.

Clarkson is very anti PC and which gets mostly edited out, sadly they also edited out a piece on "Brake" which he ripped the arse out of.

I don't think that Daniel ricardo's interview was scripted I was surprised and glad that they kept the bit where he gave the audience member the finger.
    Yer its always better when you are there as you get the full uneditted film and the 3 of them spend most of the day swearing at each other
    Mark is right.