Thread: S13 front cross member rust

Rides

S13 front cross member rust

Hi all,

My s13 failed its mot today on the front cross member ( the bar that runs under the rad and connects to the front suspension) being excessively corroded, I was looking at some replacement parts however they all appear to be sub frames, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rory

Rides
    Make one up out of box section or get a fabricator to. I think it was available from nissan not long ago may be wrong though.

Rides
    Box section

Rides
    Can still be got from Nissan but costs around £130 and probably on back order.

There are a few threads with good pics showing how people have welded in box section to replace the bit that rots. The tricky bit is that the original has captive nuts to hold things like the centre bonnet latch support. You can just dril through and put a long bolt and nut through though or weld the supports to the box section.

Rides
    I bought the rad support last summer through my local Nissan dealer, if memory serves took about two days for them to get into stock, mind you there was only one available in the country at the time. Think it was just over £100 but I'll fish out the receipt later and give you the figure of what I paid if you want to go down that route.
    Still a fair amount of work to replace though dude.

Rides
    i got one around 3 years ago from nissan and it was £80, others wanted £130+ unbelievable how much things can vary from one dealer to another.