Thread: Any Nexus 5 users upgraded to Lollipop?

Rides

Any Nexus 5 users upgraded to Lollipop?

Using the stock OTA update?
    And if so, have you found it turned your once sleek, fast phone into a buggy, crashy piece of ass? I don't want to have to get into installing images and stuff, but when even big apps like BookFace, Dolphin, Tapatalk etc keep randomly bombing out, I don't seem to have many options
    I loved this phone before, and like the new UI, but it seems like Lollipop (I suspect Dalvik being the root) has completely killed it

Rides
    Yes

5.01 seemed to make it much better though. Missus updated her Nexus 7 tab and it turned it into a placemat
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Rastapop FTW

Rides
    Lollipop is such a major under-the-bonnet change I'd hold off until other suckers have found the bugs and developers have updated their apps.

5.1 (not 5.01) is supposed to be out in a couple of months with a ton of stuff fixed, kinda an admission they rushed it out too early. Apple are just as bad, ask anyone who updated to iOS 8.

My Galaxy SIII is still rocking 4.1.2 with Apex launcher. Looks/Works exactly how I like and runs all the latest apps, why would I want to ruin it with an pointless OS update?

Rides
    I've found 5.01 to be only mildly less shit tbh.
    Dolphin jsut keeps randomly crashing out - it found me ages to find a browser that I bloody liked!

I'm fully aware of the whole early adopter bit (I'm a software developer of sorts) but Google usually do better than most - I've had various generations of Android before and it's never been this shit
    I upgraded mainly out of curiosity and to see if It would help the battery life.

Mark: Was Dani's a first or 2nd gen? apparently the first gen ones have a tendency to do that

Rides
    The main problem with L is that there is a memory leak caused by the screen on/off

After a fresh boot all is well, but in a few days it will start to slow down/close apps. Good news is that it's marked as fixed in a future release, so hopefully 5.0.3 is right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    5.1 (not 5.01) is supposed to be out in a couple of months with a ton of stuff fixed, kinda an admission they rushed it out too early.
    Everything you've ready is just click bait from IBTimes.

Rides
    I've been running 5.0.1 for about a month now and it's running fine, if anything slightly faster than 4.4.4 was.

Rides
    Si, its a first gen one, she has done the 5.01 update over the weekend and its better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.