Thread: "The Purple Turd"

Rides

"The Purple Turd"

Not so much of a project, but I thought I would post some pictures of my new daily and update some progress I make with it if I can be bothered

So as I was using the S13 Daily and it wasn't the best thing for its self. I decided to get a shit box for going to work and back. So after asking a few friends I ended getting this 51 plate VW Lupo with BBS reps and lowering springs for £400! BARGIN! The main up point being I have worked on this car for the past 5 years anyway as the two previous owners have been good friends and brought it round to mine to get fixed and maintained Although its been around 25,000 miles since the last service. It needs a lot of TLC but I have a S13 to fix for summer so this is getting run into the ground.

• Its remote locking doesn't work and can only be opened from the passenger door
    • It pops out of reverse every so often
    • The drivers door click and bangs super loud when opening and closing
    • Its a real skill to unlock the boot
    • The passengers side window is broke
    • Fan setting two on the heaters no longer works along with the back lights
    • The rear and front bumpers have a crack on the corner (which I've cable tied back together)

And with all this I love driving it!! compared to the S13 its like a go kart. I go to work and back flat out, it doesn't try to kill me (which the S13 does daily) on the way. Its a bundle of laughs!!! And not to mention its a 1.4L with 75bhp which weighs in at 900Kgs so I nippy alright! I also fitted a sub I had lying about for even more shits and giggles. I'm hoping to service it in the summer just to give it a bit of hope that it lasts longer.

Rides
    Haha, it's kind of cool in a shitbox sort of way. No offence.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    Haha, it's kind of cool in a shitbox sort of way. No offence.
    Absolutely no offence taken mate, I'm glad you find it cool at least haha

Rides
    Looks better than my shit box daily

Rides
    yea its got me looking at Ignis Sports now. But they cost more than I remembered