Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: New car time - Golf R32 Mk5 advice?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Ha, that aged well:

That was the start of December. Customers have heard........ **** ALL since Great customer service guys, top work.
    Update - Ohlins continue to flounder!

Reassured customers they'd have new kit in January. Now saying another 2-3 weeks. Are supplying new front units with after-market (not Ohlins) top mounts and saying get your car booked in with an Ohlins approved installer for the work to be carried out - but don't drive it there, cos you're not allowed to drive it. Are Ohlins paying for the cars to be transported then? Of course they're not

Way to **** up your brand rep.

Rides
    Decided to get the car ready for lockdown easing so off to the MOT station we went this week. All through and looking good still underneath. Now to find a new indy garage - I have one in mind to go look at when we can travel.

Rides
    So no further information why there is such a panic about the suspension? What does it do, drive off in Polands direction when it feels like it?

For something so "not to be driven" it seems a bit pathetic.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    So no further information why there is such a panic about the suspension? What does it do, drive off in Polands direction when it feels like it?

For something so "not to be driven" it seems a bit pathetic.
    The new kits come with new - non Ohlins - top mounts so I'm guessing they've had a couple fracture and cause some fully sick camber / caster combos

Last I heard the kits were due to be dispatched by end of Feb. Nothing heard from any of those affected that have been posting which is either the kits have arrived, or they've driven the car and ended up in a field

Rides
    Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:49 am
    Has anyone received replacement units yet? I was told by the supplier theyd been told the units were 'ready to ship' from Ohlins ~4 weeks ago but haven't heard any more since?!

Wow Still floundering!

Rides
    Can't believe it's 7 years today that I've had this thing.

Did 2600 miles in it last year which ain't bad for a weekend car. Still really enjoying it.

Rides
    Still lusting after one myself