Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: New car time - Golf R32 Mk5 advice?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Prolapsed disc - burst and hooked my sciatic nerve into it. By the time I got apart and put back together again it'd taken my ankle reflexes out entirely.
    Burst? That sounds really nasty.

So you are now part Terminator now (Taken apart and put back together) how did you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Just got unlucky.

Yeah, took a piece of my spine out, separated and cleaned the nerve and put me back together. Not a great success, though.
    Porsche 911 C2
    Jag S Type & Golf GTi mingebuckets
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500 leather fetish pleasers

Rides
    Today was about putting the car back on the road to full recovery - took a run to the Indy garage that I've been using a few years for servicing etc; the ones that didn't fix it properly and left me in teh sheet , to have a chat about fixing all the little issues that have arisen as a result of getting locked out.

The main things are:
    1) Still got glass shards in the door - I have no compressed air in the garage, gonna need some to blow it out of crevices as I've tried getting it all out with mini-hoover attachments but no joy
    2) Once all cleaned up, reseal the weather membrane on inside of door and refit door panel
    3) Rear brakes - handbrake got a bit seized and then released and is now pretty ineffective; need to get the shoes apart and have a look at what's gone on there
    4) Service Annoying since it had done all of 40 miles on the oil that's in it
    5) New indicator stalk to be fitted

To be fair to them, they were very apologetic and have agreed to do the work required and 'come to an arrangement' on the bill. Given that I've shelled out 100 for a new battery, 140 for a new window and have lost the use of a car for near a year, I'm hoping they'll swallow a lot of the cost of the works above. We'll see - they were making all the right noises.

That moment when you realise you've done 82 miles in a day which is more than you did all last year

Still, next month will see it return to health and to active duty. Got a lot to make up for in 2020
    Porsche 911 C2
    Jag S Type & Golf GTi mingebuckets
    KTM 990 & Royal Enfield Bullet 500 leather fetish pleasers

Rides
    To be honest i would have set fire to it by now.

Rides
    I have a compressor mate. Bring it to mine or I can chuck the compressor in the car next time I'm heading to you.