Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C'mon Sky Insurance, up your game

Rides

C'mon Sky Insurance, up your game

What's with Sky? They have got major details wrong on my policy 3 times so far. Name wrong x2, car mods wrong x3, security wrong x3, email wrong x 2. I keep telling them via email, no reply. I've contacted them on the forum, no reply. I call, they say they'll change it. They don't. Wtf?!

Rides
    Let's just hope you don't have to claim

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Let's just hope you don't have to claim

OP - it's silly holiday season and they've lost a couple of staff lately which means they're going to have some transition teething bugs. Hopefully they'll get you sorted soon, and I'm sure they'll apologise

I've recently renewed again with them, totally hassle free and very good service. So they can do it right - I'm sure it's just a slip up

Rides
    Sky have been a bit off the ball for me too recently :-( Been with them 6 or 7 years and have two policies with them but when renewing and changing to a new car on one of the policies (E39 M5) they were double what I was getting quoted elsewhere. Fair enough its not their usual Japanese/modified car etc so declined renewal and asked for proof of no claims over the phone to be sent out in post, confirmed it in email also, no reply to said email and no no-claims in the post either. Person on the phone wasn't as helpful or friendly as they normally are at Sky either.
    Hopefully it is just a bad run as they've always been great for me in the past!

Rides
    They annoying thing is that I have done my best to inform them of the car details and they keep messing it up, so what am I supposed to do if they just ignore me?

Rides
    Is it not possible to contact the insurance company directly ? Just explain your probelms.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Is it not possible to contact the insurance company directly ? Just explain your probelms.
    Just did again, hopefully they'll get it right this time around.

Rides
    do you guys not have local shops were you can actually talk to a person and they have to do the changes right in front of you ?
    had to do it that way here cause just drove me crazy how they never updated stuff when necessary :S

Rides
    According to the cs lady on the phone I have to use the same address for the portion of the insurance doc that asks for where the vehicle is kept during the day and at night. I explained that it will be at my work address during the day which is not the same and she said computer says no! 'Because like you could be anywhere during the day, like the post office.' Is this right??

I might seem like I'm being a pedantic git but I've been screwed around with insurers before when my vehicle was stolen in the past so I'm taking no chances.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post

I might seem like I'm being a pedantic git but I've been screwed around with insurers before when my vehicle was stolen in the past so I'm taking no chances.
    I feel ya!
    and that's how you should do it anyway (or everbody), insurance companies screw us over all the time. happened to me too until I spotted something...such a cliche but it really helps to read the small printed stuff too!

Rides
    They normally just ask where your vehicle is kept and that is usually at your home address. They then ask if it is kept in the road, on the drive or in a locked garage. You might not be covered if you say "in a locked garage" and it gets nicked overnight (or even possibly during the day) from a nearby street.

If you insure it for commuting then they usually just ask whether it is to and from a single place of work.

Do you have unusual circumstances ?

What they want to know is.... what is the normal place that you start journeys from ? Mine start from my house even when I go to work as the journey is "to work and back".

Rides
    double post shite

Rides
    Not unusual just me being justifiably untrusting of insurers. I think you're right though about the address, so I won't stress any longer.

Rides
    I just tried getting a quote from these and I have to say was highly disappointed, they quoted me £1550 with a black box and only 500 miles a year, I then went online and got a quote from elephant for £760 and with 2000 miles and no box

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kendy9090 View Post
    I just tried getting a quote from these and I have to say was highly disappointed, they quoted me £1550 with a black box and only 500 miles a year, I then went online and got a quote from elephant for £760 and with 2000 miles and no box
    Mate, I hope you dont have any mods because Elephant no likey.

Rides
    500 miles a year ? That wouldn't even get you to the weekender and back in 2014.

Also, Sky is usually only competitive on modified cars.

If its not modified, Elephant will be cheaper.

If it is modified, you just wasted your money because you paid 760 quid for nothing as they'll void the policy when you make a claim and they find the car is modified.

Also, the difference between 500 mile limit and 3K limit is almost nothing in terms of premium.

Rides
    This /\/\
    Also Elephant are very difficult to deal with, I have found. It was almost impossible to get a straight answer especially as they seem to have outsourced everyone to the Far East.

I actually found the people at Sky very pleasant and easy to work with, I just think they dropped the ball over the holiday period.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    I actually found the people at Sky very pleasant and easy to work with, I just think they dropped the ball over the holiday period.
    Maybe they just had an awesome Christmas works do

I suspect that, in reality, they have lost some key people and their customer service is suffering as a result. Whether they recover that, only time will tell.

Rides
    I called them today for a quote, they took ages to pick up then told me they are really busy and could they call me back, I gave them my details and I'd be on my lunch at 1, never received a call back

Rides
    They're not even competitive any more. Even Adrian Flux beat their quote for me this year! Each year there's always an insurer that is the most competitive but I've not insured my S15 with Sky for about 3 or so years now. Keith Michaels have also gone down hill for being competitive.