Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top gear time

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    The 3 of them were air lifted out with the women and the blokes drove the rest of the convoy.
    was that mentioned somewhere?

Rides
    IIRC it was in clarksons column in the times where he wrote about how the whole thing happened.

What gets me is there are still stupid folk out there claiming the plate was a setup and was changed to wind up the Argies. It came with the bloody car and thats from the DVLA.
    Visas must have been granted for the whole crew to go, the Argi authorities must have known all about it and let it kick off into a hell of a state.

Rides
    true.
    very unfortunate that it happened right after his whole racism scandal as well
    and only the ones at the end were concerned the most about the plate, they drove so far and met so many people/police etc etc and nobody bothered.
    I kinda understand from what point of view they were coming from but it wasn't mature how they (argi's) handled it.

Rides
    982 FKL

Only one away from being pretty spot on. I must say I refused to believe it was a coinkidink at the time.

Rides
    Whether the plate was or wasn't a joke, it still did not condone a load of dickheads throwing rocks at innocent people.

Rides
    Ridiculous how the police could barely do anything to stop it from happening.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    982 FKL

Only one away from being pretty spot on. I must say I refused to believe it was a coinkidink at the time.
    So let's see how that could have happened...

Clarkson (being a consummate shitstirrer) spots a Porker 928S with the plate H982FKL and thinks

"Hmmm... that number plate looks a bit like it contains some letters from the word Falklands....and the digits match to the year of the Falklands War...sort of...if you add a one on the front and ignore the H.
    AND its a British car ! ...except its not, its typically German and we beat them in a war too.

Still, not to worry, how about this for a brilliant idea ! Why don't we get two other RWD V8s, one American, one British and ship them over to Argentina driving in and out of the country and hope someone notices we're British with a "cheeky" numberplate and see if we can cause a riot"

Now, I happen to believe that Clarkson's sense of humour is a bit purile and antagonising hicks is something he has a track record of, notably on the US trip but, TBH, it all just seems a bit far fetched to me.

I watched both episodes back-to-back on catchup last night and whilst I thought the whole thing was a bit Meh, the thing I found most far-fetched was that the Esprit didn't keep going wrong.

Rides
    Too far fetched IMO. Apparently according to the editor, and I can believe this, there were a choice of two readily available 928's in the country and one of them was black - the producer said a flat no to the black car as it doesn't work well on telly (which is true, in photography terms).

Still, who knows.... Frankly I don't care. The 'special' was shit

Rides
    Meh, either way. I have waited all year.. and I was even more pissed off at the ending.

Major reference to a film I knew nothing about lol. Hopefullu series 22 pulls it back.

I need to see the trio review on the porker, p1 and la ferrari.

Rides
    Meh, either way. I have waited all year.. and I was even more pissed off at the ending.

Major reference to a film I knew nothing about lol. Hopefullu series 22 pulls it back.

I need to see the trio review on the porker, p1 and la ferrari.
    If you don't know anything about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid then shame on you, young man...shame on you !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    If you don't know anything about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid then shame on you, young man...shame on you !
    All I know is what my father kept quoting at me about a scene between the two " there ain't no rules in a knife fight "

Lol maybe I need to see it to get it

Rides
    OK, so the basic plot is that there is this fit late-20s lesbian called Cassidy that has the hots for her teenage neighbour and....Oh hang on. That might be another film with a similar name

Rides
    Lots about it on here, including a post from the previous owner of the 928:

http://jamesmayboard.proboards.com/t...crollTo=296667

The second upright of the H, (no idea if that has a name?), is supposed to be considered a 1, making it appear as 1982 FKL.

Not seen it yet but sure I'll catch a re-run at some point

Alex B

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post

Would have been a different story if the crew cars had stopped in the middle of the riot and a platoon of paras got out the boot. Wonder if they would have ran away again.

Ha ha, I said the same the other day
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I found that difficult to watch. Poor cars. Some spectacular views to be had though. South America has been added to my bucket list.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Can't believe that poor lotus is being ruined, they must of had decent budgets for this one as you can't pick up a tt esprit for less than 15k
    I took some small consolation in that the team didn't completely go out of their way to destroy it, unlike the other cars. It was supposedly a very tidy one too (so I'd imagine near £30k).

Rides
    Looks like they have done the review of the porker, p1 and fezza. It's online.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavbo View Post
    No, but I have been looking at OZ Futuras on eBay throughout that episode I notice they disappeared from the Lotus before the final segment, hopefully they got saved even if the cars didn't.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAMAGED-RA...p2056016.l4276

Maybe the same ones

Rides
    Looks like they have done the review of the porker, p1 and fezza. It's online.

That's a tough one as i love the p1 but I'm totally in love with ferrari.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    That's a tough one as i love the p1 but I'm totally in love with ferrari.
    I'm in the same boat - that v12 roar :O