Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The ongoing life of my red S14A.

Rides
    Tbh in an ideal world I didn't really want to run 20mm spacers on the rear. If anything I didn't really want to run any spacers. when me and my mate rolled the arches, we think we rolled them a bit too much :| so in the end to pad the arches out decently had to run the spacers. But someday I want to get different wheels. I've had the xxr wheels for about 3 years now and fancy a change. Whatever I get will be wider naturally and hopefully lower offset that way I can remove them.
    Last edited by mike_je94; 03-04-2016 at 19:57.

Rides
    Off the top of your head do you know if our thread size is m12x1.25 or m12x1.5 buddy? I recommend JDM distro for wheels. Got my old equips from them

You coming to Japfest ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    The honest answer is mate i can't remember. I'm sure from memory it's m12 x 1.25 when I order my wheel nuts from driftworks. Might be worth pinging them an email just to double confirm.

And yeah I've seen they have some good stuff on there. I'd fancy some GTR'S (Rotas) if I was gonna change.

And unfortunately probably won't mate. Not gonna lie I don't really get up for car shows. I should do really and give my car some use lol.

Rides
    Cheers mate I'll have a look and ask about. You gotta come to at least one event haha!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yeah maybe I should. Most of my pals don't even like cars so I'd be coming up on my jack lol. That's one of the reasons. But I'll ask about and look into it.

Rides
    April 2016 - Having a bit of a break from the car.

Hi all just wanted to let you all know what's occuring, no further updates so far, spec of the car I am happy with for the time being.

But over the course of this year am planning to tackle more niggly little jobs, e.g. stripping bits away like the rear bumper, wings and and tidy up behind there and ensure there isn't rust developing etc, which I can do in spare time. So it won't be massively exciting stuff, but I will probably have a little update here and there.

Just a point where I'd like to put away some money and not constantly pouring it all on the car.

So here are a few last photo's for now:

20160320_172253.jpg

20160320_172355.jpg

20160320_172456~3.jpg

20160325_135639.jpg

Hopefully next time I start properly doing things on it, will have some more things to show, thread is a starting to get a little stale at present with lack of major updates, so would rather refresh it nicely further down the line Ultimately I'd love to fully strip the car and full engine rebuild but that's way too much to take on at the moment.

Just want to try and enjoy the car how it is now, I'd like to try and start attending some of the local meets and try and make an effort to get to some sxoc events/shows.

But hope you've all liked so far though and look forward to having some more high quality upgrades to show later on. But like I've explained, this will probably be it for quite a while.

Regards,

Mike
    Last edited by mike_je94; 03-04-2016 at 21:14.

Rides
    Reporting back after a few months and on from the last post, done a few small jobs I've been meaning to get done, so nothing too exciting but feel like I should show a few things.

I've finally decided that I really need to upgrade my brakes, which is one of the only few things I haven't upgraded since I have had the car. Money is tight otherwise I'd be going K-Sport or D2 but being only a 293 bhp car feel that these would be overkill for that for the time being, so just using the trusty (touchwood) R33 Brakes for now.

Bought a set of R33 GTS-T rear brakes and all the rest of the gear to do the conversion.

20160517.jpg

Decided to go for black with red detailing, looks more subtle than having red callipers on red cars.

20160522.jpg

Also did the same with the front brakes, gone with black and red.

20160523.jpg

Also my research on many Nissan forums and from experience from other owners, state that upgrading the brakes themselves alone aren't the best way to get better stopping power. So I managed to source one of these which I am well chuffed about. It's a brand new genuine Z32 RHD BM57 Brake Master Cylinder (ABS Model):

20160536.jpg

I want to try and get a real nice sharp pedal feel, so that's where this will come in, I also purchased a 300ZX/Z32 Brake servo (unpictured) but it is massive compared to the stock one. I figured I should just do it properly first time around. I read stories of upgrading the Brake Master Cylinder alone without doing the servo upgrade has resulted in stories of poor pedal travel and feel from most people. So not gonna faff around and just get it all done. I'll be doing all this in the next week or two.

Also in the mean time, purchased a new daily driver and have had to sort a few things on that and put the 200sx second, as this is my current run around and use more than the s14a

It's a JDM Civic EP3 Type R, Auction grade 4 and 67,000 genuine miles all completely original. Must say as a daily driver it's excellent.

20160530.jpg

I'll be back on here very soon as I need to get some more photos off my phone and get them on here of other bits I've done and purchased. Just busy with work and don't get much time to stop lol.
    Last edited by mike_je94; 22-06-2016 at 16:46.

Rides
    Onto the car itself, decided that I wasn't happy with the location of my oil catch tank on the otherside of the engine bay where the battery tray was, so deleted the Carbon Canister in order to make room for it to sit there where most people normally mount it.

20160515_140010.jpg

Looks a lot better and neater I think, have run it back into the engine for now but will consider possible VTA setup with PCV delete etc maybe in the future, should be fine for now I hope.

20160618_174736.jpg

And also installed some more gauges, firstly an aftermarket water temperature one and mounted it in the ash tray next to my volt meter.

20160603_163434.jpg

And moved the AEM wideband up into the dash area in front of the old water temp gauge, seeing as I won't be looking at the factory one no more. I can still see the warning cluster which is okay believe it or not. I also want the AEM in clear view while driving.

20160603_163446.jpg

And here is an up to date interior view.

20160618_173141.jpg

I also did Tunerfest at brands hatch this weekend and had my car on show with a local car club I am part of, which was a brilliant day out, I have a few photographs of that which I will put in the next post.
    Last edited by mike_je94; 21-06-2016 at 17:34.

Rides
    Tunerfest Sunday 19th of June at Brands Hatch, my first actual car show I have been too and taken my car. Had a brilliant spot right on the edge of the paddock road. Hope you like:

20160619_084309~2.jpg

20160619_084256.jpg

20160619_095844.jpg

20160619_120702.jpg

Was a great day out and want to do a few more shows now. I went out on track in my friends S14A as a passenger. Must say I have got the bug to get back into motorsport again.

So new future plans will be to fit a possible roll cage, harnesses', oil cooler and some puffier tyres, so no stretch. I am kind of wanting to move away from the show car look which I originally wanted this to be when I first got it. Now I want to think about getting out on track, but this won't be till next year at least, will use the car as it is for now for this year and maybe refresh the look next year and give it a new purpose.

That's about it for this time I think. I guess I will be back on here with feedback with better brakes hopefully. Hope you all like!

Rides
    somehow managed to miss your car at tunerfest car looks good from the pics though. was your mates s14a the one with the huge wing?

Rides
    Thanks mate I also had a good look at yours over by the pit entrance. Top stuff on the car and nice to look at it for real. I took my own photo of the engine bay on my phone and yes it was, very extreme I must be honest lol

Rides
    Saw this car at Tunerfest. CLEAN AS F*CK. Nice to see one that hasn't been stitched together with cable ties!

I was hiding up the hill on the white 14a with VS-KF wheels. And yes I know it needs to be lowered

Rides
    Haha thanks yeah looks alright I guess, would like to track it though after being at tunerfest and give it some use. But still keep it nice though if possible.

Yes mate i did see that actually up on the hill and as you were leaving looked proper US style which is cool

Rides
    Yeah tracking 14's are fun!! Should jump on javelin and book a track day!

Yeah I've just had it resprayed and had it wide bodied to fit my stupid sized wheels lol :P Hence why it's so high up at the moment :'(

Rides
    I used to race go karts, rotax minimax, junior max and then into senior rotax, also did a couple of test days in Formula Renault single seaters, run out of money though so wasn't able to continue So doing track days would satisfy the need for speed as such lol. I miss motorsport. Being a passenger in my friends s14a that day was great but I wanted to drive lol.

So at some point I will want to do some trackish mods like I previously mentioned such as oil cooler, better coilovers/tyres and some harnesses' etc.

And yeah it looked proper man and sounded nice as you were leaving! And look forward to seeing it lowered if you get any pictures up on here!

Rides
    Decent coilover's are a must around track! I didn't have to much of a problem with oil cooling until I went over 400bhp but mine was used for drifting and 1/4 mile so never really was used for long periods on track.

And thanks. It's about to have a lot of custom piping done this week as my exhaust welds are melting
    But yeah I'm buying my membership tonight then will start uploading images of the on going Nos bitch!

Hopefully I'll see you about at other events as I never got a decent look at the bay!

Rides
    I'm running HSD Dualtech's at the minute, but not massively keen on them, way too soft for my liking. I bought them when I first got the car and was on a limited budget on what coil overs to get.

I've heard good feedback about Meister R coil overs, another option is perhaps some BC Racing ones, but when the time comes I'll look at all options and feedback from others.

And nice so yours is pretty powerful then? Sounds good, still got a way to go on mine to get it where I want.

Yeah hopefully I can get to more events, preferably local in the south east region, I hate excessive travelling lol

Rides
    No update, just stumbled across these photo's by South East Motor Media, from Tunerfest last weekend, thought I'd share as my photography sucks.

Tunerfest 1.jpg

Tunerfest 2.jpg

Currently am working on R33 Skyline brake conversion, will get a few photo's of that up soon of the process.

Rides
    Car is up for sale now Also don't know whats happened to all the photos.

Link to for sale thread here:

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?5...rebushed-Essex