Thread: S14 Zenki for a spec 2 R33 GTST

Rides

S14 Zenki for a spec 2 R33 GTST

Would you swap?

both have same miles both modded to stage one both have service history both manual.

yes or no

Rides
    After changing my S14 for an R33gtst my ans is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the R33 is a nice drive couldnt fault it really but i did wish i stayed with the SX ONE day i will have one again

Rides
    I've just come from a 400bhp r34 to a stock s15 and I much much prefer the s body! The r34 was nice, it got more attention (good and bad) but I just hated driving it, maybe I had a bad Un (never broke down) I just could never get that kind of love or respect for it like I have the silvia, best move I ever made! Oh and there is some serious skyline tax aswell so if your planning on modding then stat with the s body! Take it for a test drive see what you think, an S body is much more fun!

Rides
    No.

Rides
    why have one or the other when you could have both? aim high

id say i prefer the R33 as an all round car, but for having fun drifting or hooning about the s-body is alot more nimble and feels far far smaller and lighter. both have their good and bad points.

Rides
    No. I have driven a few Gtst's and a GTR with breathing mods and I was completely underwhelmed.

Rides
    'Aim high' in relation to an R33 GTST? Eh?

Rides
    lighten up, jesus........ the post says gtst dont it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by erixtar1992 View Post
    why have one or the other when you could have both? aim high

id say i prefer the R33 as an all round car, but for having fun drifting or hooning about the s-body is alot more nimble and feels far far smaller and lighter. both have their good and bad points.
    The irony is I actually own both. just the Skyline is on the other side of the planet atm

just was offered a swap for a almost identical R33 as mine and forget how much I missed her. Not test driven it yet but would no what to expect owning one for seven years. I have to say my Skyline was by far the best car I've had, its not just about speed but straight off the boat to the pod it done a 14.25 1/4 shit driver first ever launch shit tires half a tank of fuel and the kitchen sink Gfs dont travail light lol. Only mod was a air filter and boost grounded to remove two stage. its got stage one mods now and was plenty quick enough and for alot less then your modern day hot hatch. very reliable only thing was fuel consumption but you don't by these cars the mpg do we. I don't think the Silvia's as quick but it is more nimble and feels very light. mmmmmm first world problems lol

Rides
    I have an R33 GTS4 currently going through an RB26 engine swap - making it a GTR in all but bodykit. I also have an S14a. It depends what you want to do with the cars. If you just want a good car to go sideways I'd stick with what you've got. If you want an all round car that has space for the kids in the back and a bigger boot then the Skyline is going to be a better choice. The S14 is going to be lighter and it will feel much quicker. If you're giving me a choice between an S14 and an R33 GTST or R34 GT (as I really don't like their look) I'd take the S14 - it will be more fun and will need less mods. An R32 GTST would actually be a tougher decision. GTRs are an entirely different story though, they are awesome cars, no matter what model.