Thread: Did a really stupid thing!

Rides

Did a really stupid thing!

So f**king annoyed at myself, I was removing speaker wires from my car as it used to have a sub, It was pretty dark and I thought I was cutting through a cable tie but instead went through these wires!!
    Does anyone know what they are for?

Location in passenger footwell, to the right of ecu and slightly above attached to the bottom of the heater(?), there are 4 wires, 2 pinky red, 1 yellow and red, 1 yellow and green.

...bugger!

Rides
    I think from my Honda days those yellow plugs were for the airbag iirc, could well be wrong though lol.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    If it's the yellow plastic cable you're talking about then yes that's the airbag. Be very careful how you work on them now as you really don't want the airbag going off
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Eeek be very careful you don't want to be in the foot well when the air bag goes off you

Really you need a new cable as I'm sure you can't soldier them together

My misses chopped a load of ecu wires in the engine bay thinking there was only 2 wires rather than 12 wrapped together must be a women thing.

Rides
    Loool so I'm actually glad they are the airbag wires, mostly because It doesn't have any and it's not linked to something engine related, kinda gutted they are irrelevant now as I connected them back up so beautifully!
    Thank you for letting me know what they are, handy to know in the future

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I think you'll find that if that wires there then the passenger airbag is still there. If it is I'm glad it hasn't gone off as at the very best it would of scared the crap out of you
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    You can solder them back together no worries. As long as u disconnect the battery first mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirstie_S13 View Post
    Loool so I'm actually glad they are the airbag wires, mostly because It doesn't have any and it's not linked to something engine related, kinda gutted they are irrelevant now as I connected them back up so beautifully!
    Thank you for letting me know what they are, handy to know in the future
    Your so much braver than me

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Technically you can solder the wires, but make sure you get the correct resistance in the wire or it will detonate.