Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Crusing Injunction - Arrestable Breaches in the Black Country

Rides

Car Crusing Injunction - Arrestable Breaches in the Black Country

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-30286466

A judge has banned car cruising events across the Black Country.

Four councils - Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley and Sandwell and West Midlands Police - wanted to ban the events, where drivers race or show off their vehicles on public roads.

People taking part, organising or promoting them will now be arrested under a three-year injunction.

A judge at Birmingham High Court said it was a "proper measure".
    Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm long past cruising, but that's quite a serious blow to any genuine car folk that get together? The inclusion of organising and promoting suggests to me a bit of a crack down on social media. Though I can't figure out if they're specifically talking about those that hoon or if they're including those that honestly park.

Rides
    Although i am happy for any nail to be hammered deep into coffin of any chavfest shitbox look at me doing donuts in a carpark, you cant help think they could easily include your average pub car meet if they wanted to
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    You can poke all manner of holes in that judgement, it's impossible to police as written.

Instead, you would hope the Police would actually use some kind of sensible judgement and only target those causing actual trouble.

Otherwise driving to work in the area would be difficult, that constitutes a convoy or 2 or more cars

Rides

:WACK:

Rides
    2 or more cars congregating??
    So thats any supermarket, any cinema, any shopping centre car park??

Rides
    2 or more chavved up cars with loud D&B playing with flames from exhausts and car bra's on...

I find this acceptable... crush em.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    2 or more cars congregating??
    So thats any supermarket, any cinema, any shopping centre car park??
    errr, no .... they are banning the congregating together for the purpose of showing of cars .... not buying sausages .... so going to buy a pack of bangers you will be fine .. unless your average trip to get a 6 pack of porkies you are in the habit of leaving your bonnet open whilst you shop and then come back and light the tyres up as you peel out the parking space

Rides
    That is utterly ridiculous.

So that's saying that if my mate wants to see my 200sx and I want to see his, say, integra type r, we will get locked up if we choose a public place to meet up in? Dispite the fact that we drive sensibly there, park up and switch off, and drive sensibly back?

ORWELL!!!! where are you? We need you!!!!!!!

Rides
    I'm fairly sure there'll be a common sense application of it for those counties affected, where by it won't be in the police's interest to hassle you if you're all behaving. I can fully understand the use of the order given the video footage displayed, but at least the article picked up at the end that not everyone hanging out in cars is like that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    errr, no .... they are banning the congregating together for the purpose of showing of cars .... not buying sausages .... so going to buy a pack of bangers you will be fine .. unless your average trip to get a 6 pack of porkies you are in the habit of leaving your bonnet open whilst you shop and then come back and light the tyres up as you peel out the parking space
    but what if you see a couple of mates and pull over for a chat, does that count as a congregation??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I'm fairly sure there'll be a common sense application of it for those counties affected
    Common sense??
    Our police service??

Rides
    This is precisely how I shop.

Rides
    #becausedriftcar

#hoonigan

Lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by thenextdk View Post
    #becausedriftcar

#hoonigan

Lol
    more like....

#becauseshoppingtrolley

#everylittlehelps

Rides
    Just say you don't know the people and the reason everyone has the bonnet open is your all checking your oil ect

I'd have thought burnouts ect have always been illegal but if your causing no trouble the coppers will most likely leave you alone

I went to a local static meet up and there were coppers walking round enjoying the cars aswell so I spoke to one of them and their opinion was if everyone is here chilling they arnt racing round so they were happy and he went on to say how it's good as it builds a relationship between the car enthusiasts and police

Rides
    I have two thoughts on this. One I hope the Police use the powers only really where necessary, and two I'm not sure I trust Warrington Police to do so. They had a crack down a few years ago, and we used to have a large Japanese meet with the landlords permission at a well run large pub with big car park. Depsite the cars being stationary, no offences being committed, and about 60 enthusiasts having a bite to eat, look under bonnets etc, all ages etc, the Police showed up in force with about 20 of them, and started going over every car in minute detail, measuring number plate spacing etc etc, looking for every most minor detail they could. With actions like that at a civilised well run meet I'm not sure i trust them to implement this law fairly.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    It's just going to lead to stupid shit like this film as the chav meet ups will still happen and just get more dangours
    Wonder how hard it would to stop 50 or so cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sw1Ok3NNNw

Rides
    I think you might be over reacting there a bit ghost Lolol.

Rides
    I just feel it will cause even more untrust in the police and people do silly things in those situations.

I like what they do in the states and aus where the police and fire rescue go to te drag night's and run with rest of the car guys in mod'ed old police cars

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    but what if you see a couple of mates and pull over for a chat, does that count as a congregation??
    To me it sounds as if that's fine as long as nobody looks at your car because then your not showing it.