Thread: Cylinder Head Express Ltd

Rides

Cylinder Head Express Ltd

Not posted in a while hope everyone is doing well, Just wanted to give some guys a head up with a company that some may have used in the past

Also know as piston components,

Save your self a lot of hassle and bring ripped off. Avoid the company like the plague there a bunch of rip off conning twats.

Cylinder Head Express Ltd
    427 Drumoyne Rd, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G51 4DD

I was originally quoted £100 for some work which then escalated up to £471 after a few chats what I have been told is
    Cylinder bore £50 a cylinder
    fit pistons to conrods £10 each
    wrongly order shells (shells where only to be ordered if the crank was ground) £171
    Crank was only polished
    So I have ended up being charged £160 for a crank polish

After getting my parts back (oh engine block may need acid dipped as the twats have painted it in enamel (wasn't requested) I went back to the company to ask for the invoice only to be told to get the invoice would cost me £80 odd
    Last edited by Ant-dat; 15-11-2014 at 11:17.

Rides
    They took the Pistons and Components name when the real P and C closed down, pretty sure they are not anything to do with the original company that was on great western road.

And hello Ant, you've been missing as long as me

Rides
    they still have the name on the building, I agree though I don't think its the same guys, P+C where very helpful in the past and first class service with them.

But these guys complete bell ends. I have some pics of the mess of the block still covers in metal deposits from the machining that i'll post up soon.

Defo been a while, I keep trying to get along to one of the Thursday meets but usually work gets in the way

Rides
    ok so the Pictures

after 3 hours I managed to get the crappy black paint off the block

Rides

Rides
    They used a very simelar name to Pistons & Components when we closed down, And bought the phone number from BT, Took one of the staff who last a month with them and now works for me.

They really are a cowboy outfit none of there guys are trained engineers, Just guys who have been shown how to work machines, Any machine work i need done now goes to Kilmarnock Engine services, There customers service isnt the best but there works good and prices are reasonable.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mad k View Post
    They used a very simelar name to Pistons & Components when we closed down, And bought the phone number from BT, Took one of the staff who last a month with them and now works for me.

They really are a cowboy outfit none of there guys are trained engineers, Just guys who have been shown how to work machines, Any machine work i need done now goes to Kilmarnock Engine services, There customers service isnt the best but there works good and prices are reasonable.
    Sounds about right. Guy I spoke with Michael was right arrogant