Thread: electrical problem help

Rides

electrical problem help

So other week at a drift day i managed to wear through part of my loom which has already been moved but due to my caster it wore throughthe bit that comes through the wing. I lost indicators, central locking etc. Ive managed to repair it and replaced all the blown fuses. However i havent managed to get my central locking back :/ ive checked every single fuse under dash and under bonnet but im stumped as to what ive missed

Any ideas?

Cheers Kris

Rides
    Bit more info, alarm light is flashing and it goes off when i start the car. Car is locking itself like it should when i drive off however its a bit delayed by about 10mins. And my key fob isnt responding with rest of the car

Rides
    What alarm is it? What year S14 have you?

Some early S14s had a Remote Key Fob pick up module in the LHR quarter panel, it has a fuse in the back of the unit, might be worth a look?
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Ahhh cheers mate. As in boot part of rear quarter or behind plastic interior panel?

Its an S reg s14a bud judt running factory nats system. Car still starts and runs etc and all other electrics are working again just the central locking

Rides
    there is a twin fuse holder behind the drivers footwell fuse board (its not part of the fuse board but totally separate), its a right cnut to get to but I'm sure one of the two fuses is for the central locking

Rides
    Drivers footwell? Where exactly is this as had seat out before but havent seen it

Rides
    ok, its tucked behind the footwell fuse board you can't see it, it took me hours to find it this was a pic, i pretty much ended up pulling the fuse board away from the mounting points to find and reach them, one fuse is for when you blip the fob and flashes the indicators, other is for central locking...im 99.99% sure

Rides
    Ah sweet you are a legend. Was looking all round there but it must be tucked away where you cant see because of the pesky accelerator peddle lol. Will have a look tomorrow see if i can find it

Rides
    the above pic was from my mates 14, on my 14a the fuse block wasn't stuck together like above mine were separate...if you get me