Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - Japan

Rides

F1 - Japan

I would say Lewis would have an advantage over Nico here. It is tough to overtake though, potential for another incident could be huge. Although this hurricane could play into it slightly

Rides
    Typhoon in that neck of the woods (pedantic, I know). Incidentally I used to live right near Suzuka - great track!

Rides
    Really looking forward to the race, hoping to get up for it live but I've set it recording in case I don't make it. Be interesting to see how Lewis holds his head now he's in front and what Nico does now the, albeit slight, advantage is in Lewis' hands.

Rides
    Just heard that Vettel is going to leave redbull? wow if thats true surely that means he is going to ferrari?

Rides
    Yep. I thought it would take another year. I bet RB are a little pissed off.

Rides
    I don't think they'll be that bothered, Riccardo has been a revelation and has completely outperformed Vettel.

Rides
    So apparently he is taking Alonso's seat... so where is Alsonso going, Maclaren?

Rides

F1 - Japan

I reckon Button`s seat at Maclaren is looking shaky seeing as Kevin the rookie has pretty convincingly matched him (at least).
    Last edited by Yakko; 04-10-2014 at 10:22.

Rides
    Yeah, bet he is alot cheaper as well. They will have to pay Alonso a stupid wage so JBs will contribute towards that.

Rides
    Looks like JB will finish his career in a mid-pack car, although Maclaren have hardy given him a great car for the last few seasons. Maybe Williams?

Rides
    Not sure why Alonso would want to go to Maclaren at the moment unless he knows something about the new honda power plant, like Hamilton did with Mercedes.

Rides
    Great quali and i'm please Nico put a good show in the shootout, his first lap was good enough for pole! And i'm also pleased Lewis didn;t do his usual miserable face and blaming something, he took it well and said that he just wasn't quick enough.

Anyway regarding the race it probably won't go ahead if the amount of rain predicted is gonna fall.

And we've been saying Alonso will leave Ferrari for the whole year, wasn't surprised about Vettel because Ricciardo has trounced him this year so he now needs to prove himself.

Rides
    Going to be interesting. Nico was faster on the hard tyre during practise as well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakko View Post
    Looks like JB will finish his career in a mid-pack car, although Maclaren have hardy given him a great car for the last few seasons. Maybe Williams?
    Williams have already confirmed Massa & Bottas for 2015. I imagine if JB doesn't keep the McLaren seat then that will be it for him in F1, any of the teams below RBR/Ferrari/Merc/McLaren realisticallly need drivers who bring a budget. He seemed as if he was resigned to his fate at the press conference, he was asked "Is it McLaren or nothing for you?" and his response was just "It's the best option..."

Kvyat does look very promising but it's pretty rubbish for JEV, would have been good to see him at least get a season at RBR while Kvyat learns more of his trade at STR.

Rides
    Things aren't looking good for Bianchi

Rides
    No not good at all hope he pulls through , horrific ending to another wise good race.

Rides
    Such a horrible feeling since the accident, everyone's reactions in the paddock is painfun viewing. Latest update seems to be his dad telling French press he's being operated on just now, so fingers and everything else crossed.

Forza Jules!

Rides
    Sounds like a nasty head injury, hope he pulls through. It was obvious it was something serious from huge reaction in the paddock after it happened

Rides
    He appears to be out of surgery and breathing on his own which is a very good sign

Rides
    There's no confirmation he's beeathing on his own. Don't get sucked into the disinformation hype.

Fingers, arms and legs crossed for some good news tomorrow.

Other than that it was a very very entertaining race. RB's mixing it up well and truly.