Thread: S15 baby seat solutions?

Rides

S15 baby seat solutions?

Hello everybody.

Only recently purchased an s15 spec r aero and we are trying to fit a small baby seat into the car.

The issue we had in the back is that the seatbelt is not long enough and it's touch and go whether the child seat overhangs a little off the seat. It's a mamas and Pappas one.

We then tried the front but you can't switch off the PAssenger side airbag!

Need to find a solution pretty quick. Is there a smaller child seat you can buy? I'm hoping somebody else has had this nightmare! I don't know eh, these pesky kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    How old is your kid? Are we talking forward facing or rear facing car seat?

Rides
    Rear facing. He is 3 month old.

Rides
    If you do manage to get a seat in the back and take the sprog for a drive, be aware that the seatbelt will lock which can make it nigh on impossible to remove the child seat. I took my nephew out and nearly had to cut the rear belt to retrieve the car seat lol!!!

Rides
    Cheers for the heads up Haz! Be okay when he is front facing but I think my sister has a smaller child seat that she used in her Capri, going to try that in the next few days! I'll post my findings

Rides
    You could pull the airbag fuse

Rides
    We had an all in one bit of kit from mothercare. Pushchair, rear facing car seat that joined in to the push chair and a cot type bit ect. which fitted in the back of the s15 with no problem the pushchair even fit in the boot! I now have a maxi-cosi tobi front facing car seat which fits well. The mothercare seat was a tight fit but it went in, I used it every day in the 15 to take my daughter to nuresy with no problem.
    I did try and find a seat belt extender but the ones I found did not fit the clips so i guess japan has a diffrent fitting/locking type to europe. I have also found that i cant get my front facing seat in the front seat as the belt dose not fit it which i find odd.
    biggest problem i found with using the car daily with a car seat was the front seat. when I slid it foward to get access to the back when i folded the seat back back the seat would return all the way back before clicking. Then i could move it forward so little one had some leg room.
    failing that like jon said remove the fuse.
    Good luck