Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Budget S14 daily driftland toy...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    Looks good still mate.

Personally think the wind deflectors should go.

And your toe hitch needs a lick of paint.. Not feeling the purple!

(This ain't a dig, just my opinion)..
    Its cool man. Wind deflectors serve a purpose tho, and not just the usual fan boy scene kid extra... When drifting I always have the window cracked to let air circulate amd smoke out... The deflectors actually reduce the rushing air noise, and when its raining stops water pouring in off the windscreen, so they defo help concentration on the track.

As for the purple tow hook... Ha... Last couple cars have been yellow and purple, and its sorta my thing on track, so continued the theme... I know its the only purple just now (also bumper fastners and calipers) but I also have a matching front hook (not fitted yet) and intend to paint cage and wheel centres a spangle purple... Not to everyones taste, but i believe strongly in doing what makes me smile...

Quote Originally Posted by nessie View Post
    Love the pics, especially the snowy one at your house good to see she serves you well in the winter too
    Cheers, has been surprisingly bareable to daily so far!

Had a look at both you guys build threads; and they are looling good. Any plans to visit driftland this year? Rarely see other zenki's up.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hamis-509 View Post
    Its cool man. Wind deflectors serve a purpose tho, and not just the usual fan boy scene kid extra... When drifting I always have the window cracked to let air circulate amd smoke out... The deflectors actually reduce the rushing air noise, and when its raining stops water pouring in off the windscreen, so they defo help concentration on the track.

As for the purple tow hook... Ha... Last couple cars have been yellow and purple, and its sorta my thing on track, so continued the theme... I know its the only purple just now (also bumper fastners and calipers) but I also have a matching front hook (not fitted yet) and intend to paint cage and wheel centres a spangle purple... Not to everyones taste, but i believe strongly in doing what makes me smile...

Had a look at both you guys build threads; and they are looling good. Any plans to visit driftland this year? Rarely see other zenki's up.
    Fair play fair play! Should look a bit better once those other boys are done too.

My projects not really up to date, I'll pull my finger out and up date it sometime.

Not really sure, trying to save for a mortgage and shiz but will see if it can be budgeted in..! Being a 7 hour drive away I doubt it though, Santa Pod is probably more likely. Also local events and other things..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    So... Went to driftland today for a play at their winter practise seshions they are running. Only prep I done on the car was to check oil and tyre presures. Ran faultlessly all day, other than washers jets stopped working. A right pain as the track was dirty, and the windscreen got filthy quick.

Cars now filthy, but thankfully still in one piece... The wee fellas earned a wash, polish, and a service later on this week for behaving all day...

Rides
    Much awesomeness

Rides
    Well done mate. Looks like it had a good run for its money!

Rides
    So... Suns back, and so is my motivation to work on the car. Something thats been annoying me for a long time is the interior. Heater controls havent worked properly since I got the car. Its been jammed on hot and windscreen, which hasnt been a major problem through the winter. Its also had a shite and badly fitted 52mm boost gauge under stereo and missing trim and cig lighter. In addition to this, the speaker sound quality is dog shit... Heres how it sat...

So stripped everything out, revealing a load of brittle old wires with questionable connector block joins...

Also found original 19 year old speaker had fallen to pieces with the rubber cone going brittle and breaking up. So i fitted my new fresh ones with minimal mods to the original speaker housing.

Im opting to fit a door card vent mount for my new 62mm boost gauge. I think it will look neater, but didnt think how much of a pain in the arse it would be to run the wires under dash, thro door loom and into the door. After alot of swearing it was done. Unfortunatly the door mount i had painted with textured black paint had got scratched up in storage so I will have to re-paint it later today.

Centre now looks much neater, and stereo sound quality is 100x better. Heater controls are also fixed with Still alot to do, but At least ive got the ball rolling again...

Last edited by hamis-509; 08-04-2015 at 08:04.

Rides
    Good stuff it's the little things that make all the difference in day to day life.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    Good stuff it's the little things that make all the difference in day to day life.
    Exactly mate. As much as its my driftland track toy, its also my daily commute car, and therefore I want to keep it relativly stock looking, comfy and tidy (even though the rear halfs stripped bare and caged...

So, bought some protex textured black plastic paint. Leaves a really neat factory looking finish. Repainted the gauge holder...

As the gauge holder is fibreglass with no fixing points, fine line of black grip adhesive around door card, should hold it toight like a tiger.

Bolted door card back on and fitted gauge. Very happy with finish. The gauge I bought was just an ebay special but has defi markings. Oaft, lucked out with a genuine fake defi! Ha

Interiors looking alot better. Still got recaro speeds, greddy boost controller and a couple other interior goodies to fit but was too busy playing with my new 200litre compressor. Its gonna power my home garage im building.

Rides
    I love this build.

Rides
    big compressors always win at life!

Rides
    Liking this a lot!! Good work mate

Rides
    You really like yellow dont you .... haha.

Love it so far, keep it up.

Rides
    This thread really makes me want to sell my 13 and get a solid base to build and rivet stuff onto! Amazing work

Rides
    Great Thread! Will be following this thread from now on!

Will you recommend a BMW or MX5 for a first drift car?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    ive been looking for one of those door vent pods for so long, but i could never find a 60mm one. Love the yellow.

Rides
    Didnt even know they made a 60mm one?

I have the nismo 80mm version with a Greddy boost gauge. Its massive!

Rides
    Sadly created a for sale thread for the car following presure from my wife to free up cash...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...yled-Zenki-S14

I will however continue to drive, enjoy and build the car, until and if it sells.

Cheers.

Last edited by hamis-509; 18-06-2015 at 15:43.

Rides
    I was disappointed to see that..

Tactically over price it if that's the vase... "I've not had any interest my dear"!

Rides
    Do you really think its that over priced? Ive seen so many shitters advertised and sell for figures close to this i didnt think it was a million miles off, as it really is one of the few good ones remaining... But yeah, its the mrs pushing the sale, and therefore il keep it as long as I can, so wont be giving it away pricing for a quick sale...

Rides
    I wouldn't pay 6k for an S14 but I'm a tight c*nt that bought one with no MoT!

I never said it was over priced though, I was suggesting that you DO overprice it in the hope that no one buys it!!