Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Strikes in Syria

Rides

Air Strikes in Syria

Only last year Parliament and the US were debating whether to launch Air Strikes against the Syrian Regime.

Today the US and Arab Allies launch Air Strikes against the people the Syrian Regime were fighting.

I wonder how much the secret arming of the Syrian rebels by the west has contributed to the IS campaign in Syria and Iraq....

Admittedly Bashar Al Assad's regime was committing war crimes but there's also the old saying better the devil you know.

Rides
    You couldn't make this up. Well you could but you'd be plagiarising George Orwell.

Rides
    Personally, I doubt anyone was arming IS to take out Assad.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Personally, I doubt anyone was arming IS to take out Assad.
    Do we really know who we were arming? We armed the mujahideen in Afghanistan, look how that turned out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    A surprising amount of the arms supplied to the moderates ended up in ISIL hands I heard.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    A surprising amount of the arms supplied to the moderates ended up in ISIL hands I heard.
    That doesn't surprise me at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    We (The West) were trying to arm only the moderates, but to be fair it was a waste of time anyway because they went everywhere.
    Russia and China were openly arming IS and other such nutters tho, so it's not like they found it hard to get weapons.

It's a right old mess over there, getting all the arab states together to pitch in was a good idea tho - it's about time they ****ing did something about the extremist nutters that are running around everwhere creating mayhem.

Rides
    Not wrong it's ****ed didn't ISIS pull off a massive bank robbery netting almost half a billion $ from northern Iraqi city's central bank?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    Not wrong it's ****ed didn't ISIS pull off a massive bank robbery netting almost half a billion $ from northern Iraqi city's central bank?
    No, that was the CIA

Rides
    Someone should sneak a nuke to isis with the explicit requirement that they must use it against Israel.

So some retard nukes Israel and then a few days later half the middle east is turned into glass.

Problem solved.. well er sort of!

Rides
    Collateral damage is not a major concern for you then ?

Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Someone should sneak a nuke to isis with the explicit requirement that they must use it against Israel.

So some retard nukes Israel and then a few days later half the middle east is turned into glass.

Problem solved.. well er sort of!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Collateral damage is not a major concern for you then ?
    Well it usually aint for Israel

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    We armed the mujahideen in Afghanistan, look how that turned out
    Yeah, they managed to fight off a conventional superpower at its peak with their own forces and stem the flow of blood caused by it. Turned out pretty well.

Rides
    Despite the length of time this has gone on for, I still dont quite understand the point of it all - I am totally baffled

For example here, in the UK, we had a significant minority who wanted to seperate from the country and go it alone. This didn't suddently cause a civil war, it just caused a few months of argueing and posturing, and then people, a huge majority of those in the area concerned voted on what they wanted.

They didn't all agree, but the result is accepted. Sure there's still rumblings from the other side, but I haven't heard of any air strikes, assasinations or suicide bombings getting involved...

What is the point of all this stupid fighting? Can a significant enough number of people really want to live in a constant state of war? How can they have a family, and what life can they hope to offer such a family both while fighting, and while apparently fighting to keep every female member of society oppressed? Surely that puts half of the population against them, even if they cant say it for fear of being beheaded, stoned or worse... but my theory remains surely they cant want that to be the status quo again?

It's all so pointless, what is wrong with people?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    It's all so pointless, what is wrong with people?
    Different thinking, a lot the population in areas of the world that are constantly at war still believe in cloud fairies so its no surprise they find being killed not a problem.

/this may be balls.

Rides
    I think you might be missing the point. This is all about money and power, it always has been.

I imagine most people, regardless of where they live in the world DO want peace and to live out a normal life. We are damn lucky to live in a safe place like the UK (aside from the shite weather).

Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Different thinking, a lot the population in areas of the world that are constantly at war still believe in cloud fairies so its no surprise they find being killed not a problem.

/this may be balls.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    I think you might be missing the point. This is all about money and power, it always has been.

I imagine most people, regardless of where they live in the world DO want peace and to live out a normal life. We are damn lucky to live in a safe place like the UK (aside from the shite weather).
    this,

the uk is paradise compared to a huge % of the globe,

Rides
    Don't forget out an out racism as well. or religionism or whatever it may be.

Your brand of god is slightly different to our brand of god, so that gives us carte blance to do whatever we want and commit some of the worse war crimes seen in a good long while.

Rides
    I understand the reasons given outwardly, religeon / tribal beliefs / ehtnic differences and historic not getting along in general.

I still dont see the point in the stupid fighting. If soldier A working for ISIS wins his fight, what does he get? Does his family get a decent life from the deal, or do all of the female ones get a raw deal? If so... why would somebody actually want this - it just doesn't make any logical sense!

It all baffles me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I still dont see the point in the stupid fighting. (
    Short answer is they are all arseholes.