Thread: PFC D-Jetro idle learn then cuts out?

Rides

PFC D-Jetro idle learn then cuts out?

Alright chaps

Firstly, thank you again to everyone who has been helping me with the info to get my car finished. I am very grateful.

But I have another question. I am performing the Idol learn on my car, and it's been a little strange. I can get my car to 80° By holding the RPM at a little over 1400 and then it will happily sit and idle along. But then after about 15 minutes, when the water temperature is around 85°, it will cut out. When I try to restarted it will hunt for one or two quick oscillations before cutting out again. And this is the theme that continues for all the additional attempts to restart.

Does anybody have any idea what this may be? Once the car is called it begins to idle again. I am confused!

Thanks again,

Ryan

Rides
    Do you have an AFR gauge fitted?
    What is the AFR as it cuts out?

Rides
    You know, that's the only instrument I don't have as I usually leave that to the mapper. What's your thoughts immy?

Rides
    First of all bear in mind I only have experience with Nistune and none with FC but I doubt there will be much differences other than terminology.
    I suspect the injection multiplier is wrong and the car is cutting out due to going overly lean (which I suspect) or overly rich.

Extra fuel is injected when coolant temp is cold and the ECU gradually reduces the enrichment as coolant temp rises, the enrichment is normally nothing too crazy so I doubt the enrichment itself is the main problem.
    I found on 2 cars the injector/maf resizing tool not too work right leaving the injection multiplier too far wrong, my car it barely ran until adjusted and Mapboy's would not fire until adjusted. This will be easy too see by on wideband once running showing really lean or really rich. Even although it may sometimes idle fine, the swing in AFR's where the car does manage to idle and run on light load is massive, rich off the scale to 17+ AFR.

If this is the issue, all you have to do is adjust the injection multiplier at idle, light to medium/light load for roughly mid 14's AFR and the car should be drivable.

Rides
    Have you set up the coolant temp adjustment on the Pfc mate?

Rides
    Ok, I remember there is a setting to adjust the injectors at engine temperatures but I definitely haven't altered that yet. Let me grab an image tomorrow. Scott, what's yours read?
    Perhaps a wideband AFR is now a good investment.

Thank you folks.

Rides
    Wideband does come in handy for diagnostics, however if you are on rich or lean miss fire limit like I suspect, simply adjusting the injection multiplier will show you weather the AFR is the issue by the hot idle becoming better or worse. Just a thought before spending money on a Wideband.

Rides

PFC D-Jetro idle learn then cuts out?

Here's my settings

Last edited by Drifter; 25-08-2014 at 13:12.

Rides
    Thank you both! I'll have a gander at my settings tomorrow when I'm back on the car.

Rides
    This is me chaps

Rides
    They're fine

Rides
    Cheers Ben. One for a mapper to figure out then.

Thanks all!

Rides
    Get a pic of the ignition timing map

Rides
    Okie doke mate, back there tomorrow.

Rides
    Just as a reference, I have had similar idle issues with my 15 ever since the d-jet install, my settings were the same as yours piman(think they're default) but I just changed them to drifters settings and it idles absolutely fine now!