Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 - spa

Rides
    One thing I would observe about the present rules in F1 and the DRS zones in particular, I have to eat my words of a couple of years ago.
    Look at the amount of DRS inspired and assisted overtaking and attempted overtaking at SPA in this one race, fantastic.
    Three / Four years ago before DRS you'd have thought it an action packed race if there were two or three overtaking attempts somewhere in the field....
    Now, much better racing and it hasn't (as I feared it would) damaged the importance of having a good driver / boosted the mediocrities.
    One of Bernie's better ideas, I will concede. Double points in the last race ? Still a stinker though. And thank God he was dissuaded from the idea of 200 yards of track flooded by water cannons.... barking.

Rides
    Just to clarify i'm not a Hamilton hater, i admire his raw ability, I think he is the fastest guy out there over 1 lap and deserves his place as one of the fastest in F1. But i think everything else is laughable, his PR is terrible, his radio calls are ridiculous at times and i think sometimes he plays on the 'hard done by' persona and makes excuses when he gets beaten.

I used to be a Nico Rosberg fan back in the Williams and Merc with Schumi days, but i think this year both he and Lewis have made a few wrong calls and thrown the toys out the pram. The car they have is the most dominant we've seen since the 2011 Red Bull that was built for Vettel, and they are still only 60 points ahead of Ricciardo in the championship who without his disqualification would have been 42 points behind. I hope he sneaks up on them whilst they trip over eachother and wins the championship, he's been by far the most deserving driver this year and his performances are getting better and better, and he's an all round top bloke!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    ...they are still only 60 points ahead of Ricciardo in the championship who without his disqualification would have been 42 points behind..... he's been by far the most deserving driver this year and his performances are getting better and better, and he's an all round top bloke!
    Quoted for big truth

Rides
    I am torn, i would love to see DR as champion as he is up there with Button as 'all round nice chap' but I couldnt handle Horners fooking smugness if they beat Merc
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Well, I've just watched it in full. (Fell asleep at yesterday's attempt!)

WTAF?!?

Even as a school boy you're told "the race isn't won on the first lap" yet Nico seemed to forget that this time out. He deserved the boos. And as said, he's had all the luck this year. Hamilton has had all the bad luck and still (up until today) was within spitting distance of Nico.

Gutted for Lewis. I hope they reprimand Nico.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

Rides
    Fair enough Lewis has had a little more bad luck, in Australia it was out of his hands, Canada both cars suffered the same problem but Lewis' failed because he naturally runs more rear bias thus his brakes failed earlier and Nico managed it by shifting the balance as forward as possible as soon as the problem came to light. Don't forget Nico had gearbox failure at Silverstone too. The front brake failure in Germany was put down to a fitment problem with the part and the loom fire in Hungary could have happened to either car. In Austria Lewis made his own mistake in quali to effectively put him out the running of a win if it wasn't for an awesome first lap.

I have a feeling this championship will always be put down to who was more unlucky and who messed it up for who rather than the guy with the most points wins. Don't forget in 2008 Massa would have walked it if his Ferrari hadn't of been so unreliable same as in 2005 Kimi should have walked it as that Mclaren was rapid compared to the Renault, but Alonso finished the races and got the points...

I also hope the double points at the end doesn't decide the championship as its a ridiculous idea!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post

I also hope the double points at the end doesn't decide the championship as its a ridiculous idea!
    It think it would actually be awesome if Ricciardo gets within 50 points of both Mercs, and Vettel does the German thing in the last race to actually help his team mate win the championship...

Rides
    I was going to say, I was quite surprised at how the standings currently are. With Hamilton's ill luck of late it's not inconceivable that DR could start to cause a sweat.

Rides
    Hamilton has had the worst luck for his entire career. Hopefully it'll change for the last 7 races of this campaign but I'm not holding my breath!

Also, Pirelli need to make tyres with tougher sidewalls

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Some of the reliability issues with Hamilton's car could be down to his driving style as the telemtry suggests. Rosberg is more mechanically sympathetic to his own car (just not Hamilton's lol)

But from what I know, the collision of the 2 on Sunday is not just about how it affects the team. Sponsors and partners are unhappy about it too as it puts them in a bad light, so I don't think Rosberg is going to get off lightly, even if he is the preferred winner of the championship (It's been no secret Mercedes want an all German championship win (Constructers / Drivers)

Rides

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Just watched the race this evening and how throughly disappointing was that... Ricciardo is proving he has the right stuff for sure but I was bored after the exciting first lap and a half to be honest.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Just watched the race this evening and how throughly disappointing was that... Ricciardo is proving he has the right stuff for sure but I was bored after the exciting first lap and a half to be honest.
    Even with the scrap at the end?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    I'll agree with this. Race was average at best, the 20 seconds of battles near the end was good but not enough to redeem everything else.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    To be honest, I just want it to go back to the first 5 races of the season. I can't remember if it was Bahrain or Malaysia but toward the end the mental wheel to wheel battle hammy and nico were having was awesome to watch! I think they are both brilliant drivers.. I believe Lewis has the edge on nico but I am biased lol. As for DR that kid is golden! I wouldn't be at all disappointed if he won the WDC

Rides

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    That is fantastic lol

Rides
    Is Hamilton still shagging whats-her-face Nicole Scherzenger? Nico needs to win the next race and then stop at the side of the track and pick up a blow up doll with Britney Spears written on her back.

Here's Rossi with Claudia:

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    LOL!

brilliant!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Even with the scrap at the end?
    Yeah there were a few good bits, I think when I wrote that I was a bit miffed, in general it was a little dull though