Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 - spa

Rides

F1 - spa

Love this track.

I haven't seen many practices this year. How long has James Allen been commentating with McNish?

Rides
    Pastor being true to form and smashes his car to pieces yet again. Would to see his damage bill compared to the rest of the field.

Rides
    If Mclaren can continue this form into FP3 and qualifying, they're looking good for a 3rd row start and a top 5 finish.

Rides
    Eventful race. Rosberg described as clumsy by almost all the media sites, shame as he ruined Hamilton's race.

That said, at least it wasn't boring!

Rides
    Not by just the media but Toto and Niki Lauda also. I can see him being torn a new one this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Hami says it was deliberate and Nico admitted it in the meeting, although what exactally was said is another thing but Merc have backed up megawhine Hamilton on this one.

Rides
    Yeah I have just been reading the various articles. Crikey Nico is turning into a really dirty racer this year.

Rides
    Deserved his boos. Disgraceful

Rides
    I hope Ricardo beats Hamilton, will prove what an overrated driver he is.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post
    Whilst simultaneously showing just how remarkable it is Vettel won 4 world championships http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...=1#post6485584

Rides
    Looks like Nico's German programming has switched on
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Wouldn't say he's overrated, he matched Alonso in his first year, won the championship in his second and been there or there abouts every year he's been in f1. If he was more calculated rather than trying to go flat out every time as well as suffering extremely poor reliability (could be driving style) in most of his cars he'd of won at least another wdc.

That said ricciardo is impressive at the moment, feel sorry for Verne who's pretty much as quick but getting booted out.

Withe the incident at spa the team haven't agreed that it was carried out on purpose just that rosberg made no attempt to avoid the collision to make a point
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I think roles reversed Lewis would have done the same thing in spa, mind you I do think it wasn't deliberate more that Nico expected to be given more room so hd his line.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    I think roles reversed Lewis would have done the same thing in spa, mind you I do think it wasn't deliberate more that Nico expected to be given more room so hd his line.
    I dont think he would have, his race craft is miles ahead of Nico Brundle, Herbert and Davidson were saying the same on Sky.

DR is a serious talent though and looks to be Horners new Golden Boy
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I dont think he would have, his race craft is miles ahead of Nico Brundle, Herbert and Davidson were saying the same on Sky.

DR is a serious talent though and looks to be Horners new Golden Boy
    His racecraft might be better but look back in Germany when he hit other drivers with his front wing on 3 occasions and nothing came of that. Its either something that Nico misjudged as he effectively cost himself victory at the same time as costing Lewis i think. And Lewis believes he's like Senna so much it wouldn't surprise me if at some point he literaly drives into Nico just to prove a point.

Rides
    He didnt misjudge anything, he has already said as much. He didnt pull out of the move to prove a point, he could have gone into the run off area but didnt. Everyone in the sport thats seen it has said it was a shit move that even a rookie shouldnt be making.

Rosberg is turning into another Vettel
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    And Lewis believes he's like Senna so much it wouldn't surprise me if at some point he literaly drives into Nico just to prove a point.
    You mean like Nico just did to Lewis ?

I must confess that I am left gobsmacked at the mental and logical reverse gymnastics the Hamilton haters go to to have a pop at him.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rosberg is turning into another Vettel
    Who was the new Schumacher if you remember too. Now what do they all have in common ....?

Lewis is having some shit luck this season, regardless of Ricciardo putting in a proper turn and being pretty awesome without the various fails he wouldnt be anywhere near IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    And as 'arry points out you're such a perceptive and unbiased commentator. Quotey linky:

Vettel is just so much better than the rest, its like Mike Tyson in his prime against professional wrestlers. Maybe they should put the other drivers in icecream vans, at least then they'll be able to drive slowly around the circuit doing something useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Vettle is very good but I don't think he can be classed as the best until he either wins with a none Adrian newy(sp) car or has a properly world class team mate. The red bull is so far superior its crazy.
    So much better than the rest ? Chris had it right. Distinctly ordinary when superiority of equipment is taken out of the equation.

And if it hadn't been for mechanical failures, DNF's and Rosberg's cheating at Monaco Hamilton would have come to this race some 30 - 40 odd points ahead of Nico.

Hamilton reminds me a bit of Mansell in his heyday. Bloody good in the car, but better advised to keep his mouth shut when out of it. But 20 years on we remember Mansell's amazing driving exploits and not the paranoia and politicing at the time.

Rides
    Yep DR is showing us all how average Seb really is.
    Mark is right.