Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red S14 time to do it right!

Rides

Red S14 time to do it right!

So on the 15th of march I purchased my S14 and sold my skyline. I enjoyed the skyline but it wasn't an s body! The skyline was a great looking car..

So I purchased this..

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...solid-base-car

The initial ownership was a little rocky with parts being faulty etc but the car is beginning to feel like mine and coming along nicely now.
    As soon as I got the car home I started looking for a new clutch due to the one the previous owner had installed feeling terrible, the car was treated to an exedy spec 2 paddle clutch and a driftworks flywheel. (I did have pictures of this going in but lost all photos off my phone, stupid syncing!) I also replaced the rear crank seal, clutch pivot and resealed the cover inside the bell housing to make sure there wasn't going to be any leaks.
    The interior of the car was run down with the door cards being ripped and had tape stuck on them, so managed to track down a pair from chris-a (top man to deal with) so now look mint even if they do need a clean along with the rest of the car.

I fitted an alpine double din unit meaning I could bin the old crap Sony MD unit and CD changer, it did mean I did lose the pocket but hey ho rather have the double unit filling the gap as it should.

Along with the stereo the nismo copy gearknob went and made way for my to me I knob, simple but just feels right.

This week the steering wheel was changed for a deep dish wheel. After having to drill the boss and a brass strip to create a horn connection it all now works. The interior is fast becoming a better place to be

The Hks hi power silent exhaust had to go also it was just too quiet for my tastes. There is now an Invidia cat back sat in it's place.
    Finally some photos of how the car stands today, this will be a long labour of love but big plans are a foot but more will be revealed later on.

Up until this car I have been reading rather than posting since signing up a few years back however with the purchase of the new car felt I needed to do it right so have now paid full membership, I'm looking forward to contributing as much as I can and meeting some of you in the near future.
    Wayne
    Last edited by Big Dubs; 27-05-2014 at 21:55.

Rides
    Looks a Good clean car.

Rides
    While the gearbox was out I waxoiled the tunnel and main floor, just arches and rear floor to do but will get to those when the plans go ahead for already purchased parts. Paint works not amazing but the arches etc are really good rot wise. Exciting times ahead!!

Rides
    So time for an update, I haven't really done anything to the car however I have been hoarding a few parts and getting ever closer to fitting and cracking on.
    I've got a few days away coming up and a few days at home so can get a few bits done.

I've finally got my tyres mounted to the wheels I picked up a while back, enkei NT03 +M 18" x 9.5 all round with a 225/40 up front and 235/40 on the rear. Had some fun tonight with hairspray getting them to stretch. Now just need some more spacers before getting them on.

Last week I received my matching recaro seats but I need to modify the bride rail I have for the drivers side and source a low bride rail for the passengers side.

Saturday just gone I went and picked my rear import bumper, it just needs a bit of prep and the I can get and spray it along with the boot once the spoiler has been flushed off.

I have various hoarded parts including a hy35 Holset turbo but before power the looks and handling will be sorted

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice rims, good choice
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Nice.

Rides
    Good progress so far! love the wheels

Rides
    Thanks guys they were a good find at silly o'clock and I had to have them!!

Rides
    Liking the look of this dude, glad you got the doorcards ok! I bought some Meguiars interior spray stuff to use on the dash/doorcards etc and came up like new, recommend it. Love that Skyline you had, keep toying with the idea of getting one..

Rides
    Didn't put 2 and 2 together when i spotted this in Didcot the other day lol!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-a View Post
    Liking the look of this dude, glad you got the doorcards ok! I bought some Meguiars interior spray stuff to use on the dash/doorcards etc and came up like new, recommend it. Love that Skyline you had, keep toying with the idea of getting one..
    Don't get me wrong the skyline was a nice drive and looked mean as on the road but it just wasn't an s body! The cost difference in modifying was huge as well. The meguiars spray, did it leave the dash shiny? I prefer a matt/satin finish.
    Thee door cards made a big difference to the taped up one I had on the drivers side, so thanks again on that front. :-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Didn't put 2 and 2 together when i spotted this in Didcot the other day lol!
    She's not much to look at yet mate but once I roll the arch lips (hopefully this week if I pull my finger out) the wheels can be put on and should transform the car some what. Its amazing how much difference wheels can make! Did you manage to sort your rears yet?

Rides
    looks nice and liking the colour as well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    She's not much to look at yet mate but once I roll the arch lips (hopefully this week if I pull my finger out) the wheels can be put on and should transform the car some what. Its amazing how much difference wheels can make! Did you manage to sort your rears yet?

I'm gonna fit new coilovers so i can make sure the ride height is spot on as my current ones are seized solid and pretty knackered anyway!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    Don't get me wrong the skyline was a nice drive and looked mean as on the road but it just wasn't an s body! The cost difference in modifying was huge as well. The meguiars spray, did it leave the dash shiny? I prefer a matt/satin finish.
    Thee door cards made a big difference to the taped up one I had on the drivers side, so thanks again on that front. :-)
    Yeah Skyline tax on everything, sort of what's keeping me away from one. I'd say it's more of a gloss finish but they do do a toned down less shiny version of the same stuff if you want it more discreet.
    No worries man glad I could help in some little way towards this!

Rides
    So my week off has now finished and it wasn't as chilled as it was meant to be. This has meant not any where near as much as I wanted to happen happened.
    A problem that had shown up on the car was that it was becoming a bitch to start needing more and more cranking and throttle to get going. So after a bit of head scratching I decided throttle meant it needed to lean the mixture out which meant either it was over fueling or the spark wasn't big enough. I was going to upgrade the plugs anyway so went down that route, I ordered some NGK plugs in at work as we didn't stock the part number I wanted in branch.
    So I replaced the old for the new and this is what I found.

As you can just a bit of a difference in gap between old and new. After looking at the plugs they were a nice coffee colour so new it wasn't over fueling, a good sign it was spark.
    After fitting she fired on the button!
    The the starting issue is sorted I can get on with the good stuff! Next job is arch roll, loom tuck on the front and a good underseal on each arch.

More to come this week!

Rides
    Looking good Wayne. Going to look sick on those wheels.
    might have to come seek your advice on getting some tyres on my volks once i get them fixed.

Rides
    This will be very cool. Nice wheel choice!

Rides
    Thanks guys, after another mental week the front arch rolling will be done tonight followed by the rears on Sunday. Will be good to get the enkei's all bolted up. :-)

Rides
    Apologies for the hijack but I can't help looking at this thread without wondering what you're going to do with your existing rear bumper, hint, hint
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?