Thread: S14 Fusebox Relocation Thread

Rides

S14 Fusebox Relocation Thread

hi guys, right, I'm basically starting a thread for people to dump info on relocating the s14 fuse box to behind the dash, weather it be underneath the pass airbag or the glovebox etc

I'm going to be moving mine as I need the space and due to my engine conversion it will be in the way when I change the turbo in a few weeks + at risk of melting

so I was wondering.....since my car is mainly track based, I've removed the abs and the aircon

that's two things I can chop out of the loom while doing the move,

if my memory serves me right the only loom i'll need going along the wing into the bay after doing this will be for the headlights/foglights and indicators, as my wiring for my fans/alternator is all separate

are there any guides on doing this?

anyone care to share some pics etc?

many thanks

jonny.

Rides
    Johnny if it's a track car why bother, that's the type of thing you do to show cars??

Your single turbo won't melt it

Rides
    Have to agree with mark here. Unless absolutely necessary I'd leave it where it is.
    It's a mountain of work for very little gain.

Rides
    i moved mine without cutting or extending any wires, kept it all in the original fusebox as well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    i moved mine without cutting or extending any wires, kept it all in the original fusebox as well
    Is your car a track car??

Rides
    not seen the track yet, but it was meant to be used on track and road. its now broken mind you lol.....used to be s13s that were always broken.....

i wanted the space for my oil filter and lines, seems a bit retarded now mind you, bound to have been another way lol
    Last edited by jj205mi16; 14-08-2014 at 20:56.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    not seen the track yet, but it was meant to be used on track and road. its now broken mind you lol.....used to be s13s that were always broken.....

i wanted the space for my oil filter and lines, seems a bit retarded now mind you, bound to have been another way lol
    any rough step by step guides?

mark and stevie, there are a few reasons, heat from the top mount turbo, space around the turbo and lastly less wiring faffing around in the bay!

if the external wastegate is stuck for space it could easy be extended over and sat in the oem fuse box place, or even for instance the air filter on my twins right now has a tight 90 degree bend sat hard against the fuse box, so when my single goes on I can imagine it being even tighter with a 4 inch hard pipe and massive filter, even the intercooler pipe like so:

Rides
    External wastgate will be under the turbo usually, and you won't have your intake coming out facing your strut now as the intake will be facing the front of the car. Which means you can just have a filter slapped straight on the turbo as you run map sensor.

Rides
    Like so

Rides
    Fair enough. Haven't seen that done before.

The rear breather on the rocker cover is left open on his. Reason I was going to use an intake pipe was to regain the oem breather setup and have a rubber hose go from the intake to the side of the cam cover. Could always just fit a small filter as I have to do that to the iscv anyway.

Will call u later on anyway mark now you're back from your holidays.