Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jae 2014???

Rides

Jae 2014???

Is there going to be a stand for JAE this year?

Rides
    Matt (Slip and Slide) is going I believe but SXOC don't ever have a presence there. Do a search for the history of why.

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Yeah, I'm going with a local car group this year as will a lot of other SXOC'ers but there's nothing SXOC specific happening.

Rides
    Why isn't SXOC going? Can't find the answers.. Other than something happened a few years back.

Rides
    Damn my usual stand isnt going this year but 2 mates and I want to go! S14, Evo6 TME and an EP3 - Anyone got any space?

Rides
    I am also interested in going to this.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldoz View Post
    Why isn't SXOC going? Can't find the answers.. Other than something happened a few years back.
    Basically, our turnout used to be massive i.e. > 100 cars yet the guy who organises the show used to tit the club about and we used to get small inaccessible stands in pokey corners miles from any camping, changed at the last minute and they wouldn't take any feedback as to how to improve the show etc. etc. so SXOC organised their own event which is the Weekender.

I can't believe that doesn't come up on a search though.

Rides
    I could imagine the above after speaking with the organiser on facebook, very elitist when it comes to other show, when people posted saying they will be attending trax on the sunday he was very negative towards the shows. I'm going with my local club but only until saturday and i'll be off to the camping area for trax and trax on sunday.

Rides
    I think I might just pay for a stand. seems pretty straight forward.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Basically, our turnout used to be massive i.e. > 100 cars yet the guy who organises the show used to tit the club about and we used to get small inaccessible stands in pokey corners miles from any camping, changed at the last minute and they wouldn't take any feedback as to how to improve the show etc. etc. so SXOC organised their own event which is the Weekender.

I can't believe that doesn't come up on a search though.

This in a nut shell, I think there could be a future for SXOC at JAE again one day but unfortunately most of the staff that supported in organising every year got fed up with how the event was being managed by JAE hierarchy. Shame as we always had the biggest, loudest and most talked about stand every year!!!! The weekender is all of JAE and more

If there are other weekend static car shows people are interested in, we are open to try something new, if anyone wants club support to do JAE locally, we are happy to support however JAE on a large scale is off the cards for the interim

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    This in a nut shell, I think there could be a future for SXOC at JAE again one day but unfortunately most of the staff that supported in organising every year got fed up with how the event was being managed by JAE hierarchy. Shame as we always had the biggest, loudest and most talked about stand every year!!!! The weekender is all of JAE and more

If there are other weekend static car shows people are interested in, we are open to try something new, if anyone wants club support to do JAE locally, we are happy to support however JAE on a large scale is off the cards for the interim
    I very much doubt we could put 100+ cars on a stand nowadays anyway unless the Weekender got merged into JAE somehow. Yesterday at Helmingham we got 6 and considered it a pretty good turn out.

Rides
    We get around 80 cars at Japfest still as people like to attend the established shows, hopefully Helmingham will grow as its a good event
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    We get around 80 cars at Japfest still as people like to attend the established shows, hopefully Helmingham will grow as its a good event
    I didn't realise Japfest was so big. There are obviously more road-going 200s than I thought ...or when you say cars do you mean club members in cars that are not necessarily 200s ?

Rides
    Just checked and numbers slipped a bit this year but still 60 cars there And with it being Japfest they wont allow BMWs in so would have been mostly 200s
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I prefer JAE as its a lot more chilled, Japfest is to early and rushed and a 5AM start and then its just hectic for the whole day.

Rides
    I thought JAE from years ago was quite a good show with some good trade stands and a wide variety of cars.

Then 4-5 years ago it got really "max power" and the trade stands were just selling cheap Halfords knock-off neons and fluffy dice so I stopped going when SXOC stopped.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I thought JAE from years ago was quite a good show with some good trade stands and a wide variety of cars.

Then 4-5 years ago it got really "max power" and the trade stands were just selling cheap Halfords knock-off neons and fluffy dice so I stopped going when SXOC stopped.
    This unfortunately is what most shows are like now.

Rides
    Its gone downhill a bit since Billing IMO, turned into a money making exercise rather than being about the cars and the owners
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Yea true, I cant believe they are charging £35 per person Thursday-Sunday. Quite pricey if you ask me

Rides
    Is it 4 days now then ? £35 for a four day show isn't bad, I'd have said.