Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nost***ia: Blank Compact Cassettes

Rides
    The acorn electron was a cut down BBC model A, i had one (sans expansions) and it was my first proper 'puter.
    I keep trawling the bay of E's to see if any show up, mate of mine recently picked up an original ST'e with only 512k for a tenner from carboot sale - was a find and a half that.

Ohh and chuckie egg = legend.

Rides
    I'll sell you one, complete with Plus 1 and Plus 3, if you want

And everything From Chuckie Egg to Caveman Capers..
    I can't remember what else, but lots of them on ROMs for speedy speedy. It's badass.
    Except for Cylon Attack, that was completely shit.
    But I think both Hobgoblins, a lot fo the Felix series (definitely Evil Weevils) and quite a lot of Reptons are there.

Does this stuff actually fetch decent money? Maybe I should stick it on ebay.

Rides
    800 quid ! lol. You could get an ultrabook for that !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Commo...ht_5832wt_1142

That's like a moggie minor selling for the same price as a new Ferrari California

Rides
    Low serial no on that Pet though so its well desirable.

Old computers are worth a fortune, seem to be more desirable than old audio kit sometimes.
    Of course the rarer the better, if you have a no name 386 clone then dont expect it to be worth feck all.

Rides
    I have a CPC464 in the loft with colour monitor and loads of games, Whats it worth
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Depends on condition, no of games, original boxes ect..
    Could be 30-50 quid, poss more with a lot of games.

Rides
    Sooo much love for tape! Still got loads of tapes - mainly with DJ sets on that were either bought, recorded off radio or of me on my decks! I will NEVER sell them. Or the box of MiniDiscs I have...

This is the deck I used to record my sets on:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-AIWA_F810.jpg

Can't find a pic of the first player I had but it was a Toshiba that had an equalizer and took something daft like 4 x AA batteries! I had multiple Sony and Aiwa Walkmans over the years and the last one I ever used was this one bought off a mate:

http://www.walkmancentral.com/pictures/wm-ex1hg.jpg

Tapes used were mainly these but have all sorts (including a couple of That's)

http://www.c-90.org/FOR_PROGRAMMER/t...settes_1_0.jpg

Rides
    tapes rock ... they go beyond the realms of just being a media storage solution. Any one that has every made a tape compilation for a girl knows this ....... coping 10 tracks to CD and hitting burn, is souless.

But sitting on your bedroom floor surrounded by tapes and records and recording them to a them in real time listening to every song, putting them in the desired order, just to give to your girl or a girl you are trying to impress. ... its one of those life affirming moments thats stays with you ..... ahhhh the nost***ia of youth, where is that bottle of maddog 20/20 ?

Rides
    I'm old enough to have started on 110baud teletype writer with paper tape. ASR 33.

2nd year the poly got 3 VDU terminals. Utterly useless for Star Trek as you could only see a long range scan or short range scan but not both at the same time.

I seem to have a Tektronix 4111 in my stash.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEKTRONIX-41...-/170652692466

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    tapes rock ... they go beyond the realms of just being a media storage solution. Any one that has every made a tape compilation for a girl knows this ....... coping 10 tracks to CD and hitting burn, is souless.

But sitting on your bedroom floor surrounded by tapes and records and recording them to a them in real time listening to every song, putting them in the desired order, just to give to your girl or a girl you are trying to impress. ... its one of those life affirming moments thats stays with you ..... ahhhh the nost***ia of youth, where is that bottle of maddog 20/20 ?
    I had a girl make me a compilation tape for me once.....bunny boiler

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    bunny boiler
    Was the the follow up to Jive Bunny

Rides
    I was helping my old man tidy up his hifi cabinet on Saturday and he still has a load of brand new tdk 90's still in the wrappers.

I remember thing I was pretty G because I could record straight out the back of my stereo onto minidisc using a fibre optic cable.

Rides
    ohh the TDK cassette! Ive got this walkman still in the loft and loads of old rave tapes with it!