Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S13 Build...Picture heavy

Rides
    It turned out to be worse than I though Neelie... Never mind its done now..

Ive just got back from a 2 week holiday so just got a few bits n bobs done this week, then back to work tomorrow... Heres a few pictures of what ive got donee

Next big thing will be an engine and box, hopefully the end of August, all going well
    Last edited by coronalile; 10-08-2014 at 15:45.

Rides
    its always worse than you think haha!

btw for much more tidy looking welds get yourself a good grinder, a grinding plate and grind down your welds flush to the original body metal. if your worried about small holes then, get yourself a brush and paint over some tiger seal, nice and flush. you wont even see any welding work done then mine is literally seamless. it got new sills, chassis legs, arches (THE WORKS) and hardly any of it is visible
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Haha for sure.

Hahaha I know man, im not particularly worried how the welds look, it will be covered by sideskirts anyway... Believe it or not im actually a painter/panel beater to trade......all be it a few years since ive been on the tools.

Rides
    Finally finally finally finally finally finally finally........

someones doing something interesting with one of my old cars. In 11 years I've whored myself through so many jap motors, and every one I sell on, I never hear another word about.

It's coming along nice mate. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Didn't think the rust was as bad as that btw. Good job
    Have u flatted back and polished those last coupla panels after my re spray?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craiglancs View Post
    Finally finally finally finally finally finally finally........

someones doing something interesting with one of my old cars. In 11 years I've whored myself through so many jap motors, and every one I sell on, I never hear another word about.

It's coming along nice mate. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Didn't think the rust was as bad as that btw. Good job
    Have u flatted back and polished those last coupla panels after my re spray?
    Hi Craig. Haha we're getting there. The rust has been laborious but glad that its all done now. It didn't look particularly bad until I got right in about it.....always the same haha.
    I was intending on putting a 1jz into it, but the price of the r154 gearboxes are crazy money. So I've went with the rb25 instead.

I didn't get round to flattening the panels you painted. Doors wings tailgate and quarters will all be getting replaced with frp's once the engine is in and running,so I will need to paint them all then anyway.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by coronalile View Post
    Hi Craig. Haha we're getting there. The rust has been laborious but glad that its all done now. It didn't look particularly bad until I got right in about it.....always the same haha.
    I was intending on putting a 1jz into it, but the price of the r154 gearboxes are crazy money. So I've went with the rb25 instead.

I didn't get round to flattening the panels you painted. Doors wings tailgate and quarters will all be getting replaced with frp's once the engine is in and running,so I will need to paint them all then anyway.
    What colour u gonna go for then mate?
    I'm currently running 1j the easy way. In a Soarer.
    Even with the autobox I'm loving it. It drifts easier than the s13 manual I reckon. Dunno if it's the big long 4 gears or what. Either way i cba converting to manual.

Rides
    What colour u gonna go for then mate?
    I'm currently running 1j the easy way. In a Soarer.
    Even with the autobox I'm loving it. It drifts easier than the s13 manual I reckon. Dunno if it's the big long 4 gears or what. Either way i cba converting to manual.
    Think I'll just stick with the red body and do the roof black.
    I like the soarers, big comfy drifters haha! Engines are sweet as to... You done anything to it?

Rides
    Think I'll just stick with the red body and do the roof black.
    I like the soarers, big comfy drifters haha! Engines are sweet as to... You done anything to it?
    This one I've just put some nice split rims on. The other one I had I tuned to 380bhp, but same as usual sold it for some stupid reason

Rides
    Just a little update today. The car is now back rolling, so got it pushed out the shed and had a tidy up. Also stripped the petrol tank and gave the bottom half 3 coats of zinc primer after rubbing down any rusty bits.

Ive been trying to strike a deal with a breaker down in Cornwall over a rb25, but he's not playing ball:/

Rides
    Fuel tank looks good. That one was a much better condition replacement that me and Alan fitted due to the old one leaking.

Rides
    Fuel tank looks good. That one was a much better condition replacement that me and Alan fitted due to the old one leaking.
    Cheers Craig, its coming up pretty well. I did seem to remember you saying about you replacing the tank at some stage. There was very little rust on it, certainly nothing that
    was needing repaired

Rides
    Small update.

I've been busy getting loads of bits together so far I've got rb25 and a gtst gearbox. Ecu,loom and AFM has also arrived. I'll get some pictures when I can,I've managed to mash my phone though:/....

Rides
    I've got 2x s5 brand new boxed sealed, on ee, and a i5 second hand vgc on o2 if u interested

Rides
    Right so ive managed to get some pictures together of progress so far. The engine was supplied complete including loom ecu afm and fuel pump relay. It came from a a breakers down south who told me it came out of a running car. Unfortunatly they failed to tell me they had snapped four of the top studs for the exhaust manifold. However ive cracked on with the removal of the s13 loom and stripping the wires and plugs i need for the Rb loom. Likewise ive stripped the Rb loom and identified the wires i need to link up with the plugs ive removed from the s13 loom.

Rides
    tbh, the RB is known for killing the studs anyway, I'd recommend replacing them all

if you weld a nut on the end, they should come out pretty easily.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    tbh, the RB is known for killing the studs anyway, I'd recommend replacing them all

if you weld a nut on the end, they should come out pretty easily.
    Unfortunatly they are not sitting out of there holes alan, all four broken studs are about 3mm into there holes

Rides
    Unfortunatly they are not sitting out of there holes alan, all four broken studs are about 3mm into there holes
    As long as you make sure the nut is dead centre and you don't go ultra crazy with flowing the weld but make sure there is enough of it you should still be ok

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by maff_1991 View Post
    As long as you make sure the nut is dead centre and you don't go ultra crazy with flowing the weld but make sure there is enough of it you should still be ok
    I get where your coming from maff. But i really dont want to start trying to get them out then end up making it worse. I didnt snap them, so im reluctant to take responsability for extracting them.

Ive got in contact with the company that supplied the engine and we're in the process of making things right. Turns out theres a bit of a story behind whats happened with the engine and where it even came from. I wont go into details as yet but once everythings sorted I'll let you all know what actually happened behind the scenes...

On a lighter note Rb/ca loom is now finished and looking the mutts. Its in place and wrapped in some sweet fabric tape, looks factory as fook:P.. I'll get some pics up next week!

Rides
    Managed to get the 4 studs out without to much hassle. New ones in new cometic gasket and manifold back on

Rides
    Got these ordered today