Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 Build...Picture heavy

Rides

S13 Build...Picture heavy

Hi Folks.. Decided to start a wee build thread. I'll try and keep updating pictures as much as possible.

Ive had the car for about 18 months. I bought it off Craiglancs on here. I got it with low compression, ran it around for a couple of months then managed to pick up another ca cheap. Ran that for 3/4 months then decided to punt that. The car since then has sat mostly in the garden and done nothing, until the end of February this year. I decided it was time to do something with her. I first of all built a garage/shed 200sx size then got cracking with the car. Have a wee look through the pictures,see what ya'll think.

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/Ni...y/?view=recent[URL=http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/Niki_Lile/media/WP_20140601_011_zps7310c307.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah73/Niki_Lile/WP_20140601_011_zps7310c307.jpg
    Last edited by coronalile; 22-07-2014 at 02:21.

Rides
    Sorry about the pictures being new to old...I really have tried with photobucket but it nearly ended me....for love nor money they will not stay old to new oreder!!!!

Rides
    Very cool,you have been working hard there well done ,I just went to the end of the pic list and scrolled back works fine

Rides
    Cheers man.. Its slowly getting there now, I can see the end of the welding

Rides
    good work chap, I wondered who had craig's old car - I did a bit of spannering on the engine getting it running when he first bought it - turns out a seized cold start valve, low compression and an exhaust cam on the intake set out of phase wasn't a good combination.

unfortunately, some of the bodges with the body/rust I think you're now sorting were there when craig got the car and as it was his daily, we never got a chance to sort out. he got it from a member on here, so the history goes back a fair bit.

most of the bodges on the engine we managed to sort and we had started prepping an engine to go in to replace that one.

glad someone has the time to sort it out properly - I think once we'd sorted the engine, even with the compression it had, it never let him down
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Hi Alan.

Yeah I remember Craig talking about you. It did actually go pretty well even with the low compression, maybe even better than the engine I swapped it for:/.. Ive got some great pictures of the pistons that came out of craigs engine, I'll get them fired up for you to look at. Crank was sweet as a nut though

Rides
    that's good to hear - I'm glad some of it can be used.

yeah, some piccies of the old engine would be good - I'd always wanted to break it down once we replaced it to figure out what was worn. it had a pretty hard life from the previous owner doing some pretty badly chosen mods.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Some new pictures of the work done today. Finished off the welding so I could get the subframe back in place. It was a bit of a struggle to get the alloy bushes onto the chassis studs!! Also got the front suspension back on so its back on its wheels at the front.om/albums/ah73/Niki_Lile/WP_20140601_010_zps826fa9ea.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/Niki_Lile/media/WP_20140607_003_zps1bb386c8.jpg.html][/URL]
    Last edited by coronalile; 22-07-2014 at 02:29.

Rides
    Got the diff cleaned up and painted over the weekend. Also got some more 1mm plate for making up the outer sill on the drivers side,so I got fired in about that when I got in. Apart from some tidying up and maybe alittle dot to dot welding I can thankfully day the welding is done.. There are a few updated pics! Im away on holiday on Wednesday so there will be nowt getting done for 2 weeks

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/Ni...y/?view=recent

Rides
    just to make life a bit easier for you if you put [img] [/img] tags round your links then the pics will load here and get more folk interested

you are also posting the wrong link

Rides
    Thanks for that

Last edited by coronalile; 22-07-2014 at 01:36.

Rides

Rides

Rides

Rides

Rides

Rides
    Managed to get a wee bit more done today. Got the repaired areas and all bare metal done with zinc 182, then bitumastic spray. Its sweet
    Ive got all the rear end built back up for the time being until I get some new adjustable arms for her. After I get back from the holidays im going to source and engine and box!

Rides
    Some amount of work, fair play for doing it all yourself and the shed !

Rides
    It turned out to be a lot worse than what it appeared when I started off. But I was pretty determined to get it sorted and just cracked on. Cheers Man!

Rides
    wow i feel your paint with the rust great work going into this!
    its so good too see more people restoring these good ol' girls ha.
    look forward to seeing more of this!
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man