Thread: wheel fitment with arches

Rides

wheel fitment with arches

Well guys, getting wheel arches for my s13 and need some wheel fitment pointers.
    The arches are +50mm all round and I'd like to go for 16" wheels.
    What kind of offset and width would I be looking at for a flush look with the 50mm arches?
    I'm not too good with offsets hence this thread ha.

If anyone who has these arches fitted could gimme some feedback that'd be great.
    Thanks for any help guys.
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    bump, have we any wheel guru's on board?

Rides
    Hello again

Am I right in saying that the wheels you currently have fitted are 8.5jj ET30, and your happy with the fitment against the standard bodywork?

Wheel diameter does not make any difference, its all in width and offset. So if you were to go for 50mm arches all around and a set of 16'' wheels with the same diameter of 8.5'' then you would need ET-20, that would extend the outer position of the wheel by 50mm.

If you were to go for a set a wheels that where 10'' wide then you would need ET-1, that would extend the outer wheel position by 50.1mm.

If it sound confusing to at all then using a website like this can help you

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel...ulator#Results

Or this website

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...et2=-1#content

Either of the above are fairly simple to understand, so if you see the wheels you like, you can enter all their details into either of the above and get a good idea as to what suits you.

All the above is only if your happy with the fitment of your current wheels, if you'd like to have your current setup a further 5mm(flush) or 10mm(hella flush) out from where they currently sit to get the look your after, then just counter that into your original ET30 would become ET25(flush) ET20(hella flush)

Hope this helps if it just ruins your day with confusion just send me a PM

Rides
    thanks so much for that ali ill give that a fiddle today ha.

wow i need negative offsets ha. thats a first LOL. i think what ill do is fit the arches, because i think it depends how they are mounted too, and then measure it all out. now i know what ppl mean when they say they spend months looking for the right wheels -_- your old ones i would love to hunt down like a terrier right now ha. so tiring and depressing seeing all these 7j wheels for sale now hahahaha.

Rides
    You may struggle to find mega wide, low offset 16's. You will most likely need spacers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave270r View Post
    You may struggle to find mega wide, low offset 16's. You will most likely need spacers.
    http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/

Easy to get any wheels you desire, companies like the one above will make wheels to order in many sizes and fitments so you'll never need spacers ever again, just find a wheel you like on their designs and order it in any diameter/width/offset and PCD that you want, just be sure to be absolutely correct in your measurements before placing an order.

If you don't like a design of theirs then just speak with them to get the design in your head down on CAD. And that's just a UK company there are others all over the world looking for your custom and to expand their design base.

Just google custom made alloy wheels loads out there

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFIA View Post
    http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/

Easy to get any wheels you desire, companies like the one above will make wheels to order in many sizes and fitments so you'll never need spacers ever again, just find a wheel you like on their designs and order it in any diameter/width/offset and PCD that you want, just be sure to be absolutely correct in your measurements before placing an order.

If you don't like a design of theirs then just speak with them to get the design in your head down on CAD. And that's just a UK company there are others all over the world looking for your custom and to expand their design base.

Just google custom made alloy wheels loads out there
    If your lucky! No personal experience of image but whenever the name seems to crop up there are complaints about customer service and them responding to calls, emails etc.