Thread: Need advice review on this s14a

Rides

Need advice review on this s14a

Hey all, new to forums. im after a 14a and seen this one not too far form where I live.

Sorry if posted in wrong place.

its on 140k and its uk spec. the chap is saying he it was rebuild 40k ago, but isn't too sure of the rebuild as was previous owner,
    says its got a printout of 350bhp, is this achievable on those mods alone?

Just really wondering if any1 knows this car or was previous owner that had rebuild.

Thanks

forgot link
    http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--1999/2441621

Rides
    Definatley not 350bhp with a stock AFM, I would be warey of this as it may convey further false information.

Rides
    I think someone on here had a build thread for that car at some stage. It could be worth searching through the project section.

Rides
    Its also got an safc which is rubbish and not going to give you 350.

Imho thats a 290/300bhp build with potential for 350 with the removal of the safc and the addition of a z32 afm and a bespoke map on something like a jez chip or nistune setup.

Rides
    thanks for quick replies guys and thanks fort advice, will try to find this build thread now, ta

Rides
    It's 6k, it's done 140,000 miles and the guy is selling it because he wants to get better at drifting.

For me personally, I wouldn't be interested.

Rides
    Yeah its fairly off putting I know, been after a 14a for a while, was suppose to go pick one up today it had been arranged for a few days, so I let my car go yesterday, my friend took today of work to take me and the guy messaged me last night saying hes ****ed the gearbox. so I got today and tomorrow to sort a new car before I go back to work.

Rides
    Agreed on stock maf it won't make 350,but it must have a chip of some sort to run the nismo 555's H-dev stage 2 or similar?
    the price is inspiring as selling my white 14a soon and was going to price it loads cheaper ( 2k cheaper) than the one in the advert

Rides
    p.s if any1 knows any tidy ones for sale or any good sites? tried this one, driftworks,pistonheads,autotrader, swapz. running out lol.

Rides
    The safc will be doing the injector size compensation for the 555s probably, so i doubt it has a chip.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    The safc will be doing the injector size compensation for the 555s probably, so i doubt it has a chip.
    Ah fair do's ,I knew you could switch between stock & z32 mafs with them,didn't know you could switch injectors as well

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    As it's Garage-D who did some of the work, it was poss set up on Steve Sadler/F.C. Tuning's rollers which are known to be a bit 'hopeful'. Don't know who they use now, but they regularly used Steve in the past.

Unless the shell is truly remarkable, it's not worth the asking price to most of us on here by some margin. Someone on the SXOC is BOUND to sell you a far better car for that sort of cost, or you could buy something similar for a good bit less.

Good luck anyway, it's going to be worth it in the end.

R.

Rides
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 10-07-2014 at 15:00.

Rides
    Steve at FC tuning uses strictly Dyno dynamic rolling roads and every car I have witnessed results from have been rather conservative including my own, especially in comparison to results provided by other 'reputable' tuners.

This car will not be 350bhp with a stock chip and stock afm unless that has been reconfigured.

Rides
    There is a nice s14 for sale on a fb page called jap parts for sale and swap in scotland, its in red

Rides
    retard double post,mongo eats crayons
    Last edited by ANDY black s13; 10-07-2014 at 15:40. Reason: I hear voices all time! but I ignore them and just carry on killing

Rides
    Not sure why but the bit about the number plate annoys me, £500 for that private plate alone, so what, if its worth so much sell it seperately

Rides
    Looks like a nice car!

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jizzle View Post
    Steve at FC tuning uses strictly Dyno dynamic rolling roads and every car I have witnessed results from have been rather conservative including my own, especially in comparison to results provided by other 'reputable' tuners.

This car will not be 350bhp with a stock chip and stock afm unless that has been reconfigured.
    I've had 3 maps set by him there & by my personal multiple experiences, not so, but the last one was approx. 3 years ago, so maybe things have changed. Did the usual move from stock to 1a, onto 2a & then 3a. Was back in the days when Walton was still at G-D.

Can't fault the work Julian & the team did, maybe precluding price, but the maps & print outs...

R.
    Last edited by BWanderers; 11-07-2014 at 00:05.

Rides
    Steve doesn't associate with Walton or Julian any longer, things have changed a lot for him in the recent years. Have you had access to the actual map Steve did? Print outs can read what ever the user wants the client to see. I assume that the print outs they provided you were not what you expected...?

Im very interested to hear more about your concerns.