Thread: Motorbike Insurance after 1yr. anyone else got their quotes?

Rides

Motorbike Insurance after 1yr. anyone else got their quotes?

Anyone else who got their license last year and got themselves a bike got their renewal quotes yet.
    Have been passed since last June with a full lisence. im riding a Honda VTX 1800.
    Last year i was insured for £435 fully comp. this was having a license held for 1 month and 0 no claims.
    i got my renewal in this morning.
    £535 for fully comp and if i wanted to protect my one year no claims it was £1395
    this is thr best laugh ive had on a Friday for a long time.
    anyone else got their renewals in?

i was insured with Bennets by the way.

Rides
    Oh great. I changed my bike a month or so after passing so mine is due in August, should be a laugh.

Rides
    Had a new ZX6R years ago, first year was a deal for £250, renewal £1800. Got it for about £400 in the end.

A friend's went from £250 to £3600.

Rides
    Does offering that 1st year discount really sucker people into paying 4x the going rate for 2nd year?

Or does it lose them that persons trade forever?

I can't see anyone rolling over and paying a 5x hike.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by uk86ze View Post
    Anyone else who got their license last year and got themselves a bike got their renewal quotes yet.
    Have been passed since last June with a full lisence. im riding a Honda VTX 1800.
    Last year i was insured for £435 fully comp. this was having a license held for 1 month and 0 no claims.
    i got my renewal in this morning.
    £535 for fully comp and if i wanted to protect my one year no claims it was £1395
    this is thr best laugh ive had on a Friday for a long time.
    anyone else got their renewals in?

i was insured with Bennets by the way.
    Actually lol'd.

Who in their right mind puts insurance UP after a years worth of gaining experience on the bike...? Insurance companies have been robbing us blind for too long.

Basta rds

Rides
    Who in their right minds gives a discount on the riskiest 1st year?

I can see it might be good for attracting someone to move insurance to your company but if I was in insurance biz I'd only be wanting to attract people with big no claims.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    Actually lol'd.

Who in their right mind puts insurance UP after a years worth of gaining experience on the bike...? Insurance companies have been robbing us blind for too long.

Basta rds
    Actually LOL'd - yeah robbing b'stards giving me a renewal QUOTE of which I'm under no obligation whatsoever to accept - how dare they

Insurers move their base pricing all the time. They're entitled to do so, too. Since, I dunno, EVERYONE shops around at renewal anyway with a few handy clicks of a price comparison website it's hardly likely to cause much of a nuisance either way, so why the panties in a knot?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Actually LOL'd - yeah robbing b'stards giving me a renewal QUOTE of which I'm under no obligation whatsoever to accept - how dare they

Insurers move their base pricing all the time. They're entitled to do so, too. Since, I dunno, EVERYONE shops around at renewal anyway with a few handy clicks of a price comparison website it's hardly likely to cause much of a nuisance either way, so why the panties in a knot?
    I think you may of misunderstood. . The panties are most definitely neat - I checked

I was simply expressing my dislike for the insurance companies... After my first year of driving the lowest quote I manged to get was 3 grand on a fiesta...

No I wasn't "doing it wrong" or "forgetting to add my parents" the insurance company just went full retard in quoting me on a 15 year old fiesta.

So in conclusion. . Yes they are robbing bastards. IMO at least, and I still fail to see the logic behind putting the price of his policy up after he had gained a year of driving experience. . It doesn't make sense.

Rides
    Back when I was doing motor I had a 6m loss on a 23 year old driver policy. Takes a lot of 3 grand kiddies to make that up. The largest UK motor claim ever is in excess of 80m. What you see as unreasonable must be put into some form of context.

The flip side of pricing increase is that the year before the pricing was incorrectly cheap - but no-one ever looks at it like that as that would mean feeling warm and fuzzy about insurance which just doesn't fit the British psyche

Rides
    If it's incorrectly cheap then who's fault is that...?

The insurance company surely
    Last edited by ryry92; 06-07-2014 at 12:56.