Thread: noise from front left-strange one to identify for me

Rides

noise from front left-strange one to identify for me

Hello guys

So i got my 200 working again after fixing an oil leak with your help so i am hoping y'all can help again.

Noise, sounds like a wheel bearing noise but not a wooda wooda noise more of a constant rubbing.

It isnt there when i first set off comes on after miby about 5-10mins of driving so its only when warmed uo.

Now when it comes on its constant unless i hit a bump, or go round a corner to the right or the one that kills the noise without fail is pressing the brake but as soon as i let off it starts again.

Im running db power 345mm brakes with standard s14a callipers, and the car was sitting for ages so i am thinking calliper but just want to make sure before i do any big spending that its that for sure.

Cheers.

Darren.

Rides
    Stupid question but hows the life on the discs and pads? I had the same problem on my rear brakes, they were unevenly worn and scored on the inside, made a horrible rubbing noise until i started braking which stopped it then it started back up as soon as i lifted off.

Rides
    Have no idea mate they look fine on the front