Thread: New clutch, judder, ACT HDSS

Rides

New clutch, judder, ACT HDSS

Hi all,

Ive just put a new ACT HDSS clutch into my S14a along with a skimmed flywheel, new release bearing and new gearbox input shaft bearing. Took it up the road to test it out and clutch feels great but judders when i pull away (shakes the car). Ive done away with the stock clutch line and put a straight hard line from master to slaver cylinder and all bled it through fine. When i push the pedal just a little so the release bearing makes contact with the clutch i can feel a slight judder as if the clutch plate isnt sitting flat.

Now im thinking i need to just go out and drive it around in traffic and bed it in and all should be ok but just wanted to hear if anyone else has had this issue as well and if it is just a case of bedding it in.

Im also thinking that maybe the engine mounts, gearbox or rear subframe mounts might be knackered and the new clutch is highlighting this.

Many thanks and hope you can help,

Rob

Rides
    This is normal, stop riding the clutch like a normal one or it won't last long. Pretty much got to release the clutch and accelerate at the same time.

Rides
    Thanks for the reply. I'll stick some miles on it