Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my s13 minter project only done 12k

Rides

my s13 minter project only done 12k

just thought i would share my new project, the guy i bought her from had it from new she been sat up for 8 ish years its only done 12k and is in mint condition i haven't heard her running yet though as didn't fancy taking my chances with a 23 year old cambelt got a load of bits i want to get done on it over the next few months here are a load of pics of when i got her and after i gave her a wash

Rides
    wow super clean

Rides
    Are you going to keep her standard?

Rides
    looks great! amazing to find that condition s13. please tell me your not going to turn it into a drift slag

Rides
    Nice find! You should go concours with that car! Keep us updated of your progress! Not very many in that condition!

Rides
    Mint, where did you find that??? great project look forward to seeing more.

Rides
    Sweet Jesus that is an amazing find, Good luck with her mate. Ill be watching this one closely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    cheers for the comments lads it was by chance i found it i wanted a s13 and by chance my father inlaws work mate had this one and it was on my door step 5 mile up the road i was after one to mod and drift but im not a 100% of what to do with it going to get it running and mot and go from there

Rides
    A very nice find that is and must be a record for low miles there,without sounding rude has the tailgate gone rusty yet?,
    as I've only seen one 13 that hasn't gone crusty around the nuts inside the tailgate and that was 52k miles garaged from new
    edit: Its too nice too slap it into a lampost,armco,roundabout imo
    Last edited by ANDY black s13; 28-04-2013 at 19:49.

Rides
    yeah i think it would be a shame to drift and modify this one. id say get it on the road and see how you feel, its your motor at the end of the day but i think fast road mods are a better way of preserving a very rare example.

If you want a drifter id say sell this and buy one already done as its would be a shame to wreck it and there is no way around even if your very good and youll spend way over the odds getting it in a state ready to drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    andy; not from what i seen mate im new to the world of 200sx after i washed her i did have a good look all over the car and the only rust i see was a tiny and i mean tiny serface rust right inside wheel arches i will double check the boot and get some more pics up any thing else i should have a check over?
    led; your right mate im goin to get her on road and get to some shows

Rides
    Please keep it standard

If you were closer id be seriously tempted to buy it off you just to preserve it !

Rides
    Bit of a time warp right there, nice find

Don't leave it on that wet grass for too long!
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Very nice find! Not jealous at all...

I'd imagine there will be quite a few bits to keep an eye on with it being sat for so long like you say cambelt and pulley belts, but I'd also give all the rubber hoses a good looking over as I'd be worried they'd crack when they pressurise due to them going solid.

Plugs, oil, old petrol, filters, bushes I'd have a look at as well. Has it sat with a dry petrol tank too? Whip off the top covers and have a look in there if it has as they tend to get rusty if left empty

Good luck with it man, there's a wealth of knowledge on here to get stuck in to

Rides
    Nice find there! I can only echo what people have already said, too nice to skid, if needs be sell up and buy a ratty one, pocket the difference. In a few years that will be worth a fair bit IMO.

Rides
    Wow, lowest mileage I've seen on an S13! What's it like underneath?

Rides
    Just to re-itterate peoples thoughts, this is super clean and a lovely find!

If you are wanting an S13 drift toy, I would thoroughly recommend buying one that is already set up. You will save yourself so much time and money!

If I were you, i'd get her running, tax/mot etc, drive her for a bit and then sell on to an enthusiast for a decent price. The money you'd get for this would more than pay for a drift ready S13.

That OR (and this is what i'd do) forget the drift notion, and turn this into a very nice road car that can be enjoyed at weekends

Would be a shame to see such a mint S13 get stripped down and then bounced off of walls. Can't be that many like this left in the country now...

Rides
    [QUOTE=john905;6409379]andy; not from what i seen mate im new to the world of 200sx after i washed her i did have a good look all over the car and the only rust i see was a tiny and i mean tiny serface rust right inside wheel arches i will double check the boot and get some more pics up any thing else i should have a check over?

The boot spoiler is like a sponge holding water over time and rust starts around the spoiler bolt holes,a bit of rust on wheel arch is easy fixable,
    I'd leave it looking standard looking personally maybe try get boot spoiler off (the studs might shear off though) and treat any rust underneath and the tailgate if any rust has started,then refit spoiler
    It is a fine looking example btw looking at the pictures

Rides
    If you want any advice or help with this, just PM me and I'll help however I can. I'm keen to help anyone that is trying to maintain a nice example of a standard-ish, roadgoing 200.

I have a pretty good collection of standard parts and some know-how on how to keep things standard.

Its a shame they didn't wash the car thoroughly and throw a sheet over it when it was laid up but I imagine they didn't intend to stash it for 8 yrs

Regarding the spoiler - you can usually tell if the boot spoiler has corroded inside by looking along the line of the spoiler and seeing if there are four raised bumps in the rubber. As the spoiler looks flat, its pretty certain that the corrosion won't be too bad. Mine had some corrosion in the brackets but none in the boot lid so I cleaned the brackets up as best as I could, coated the whole lot in copperslip and reattached it, sealing the top edge with silicon sealant to stop water getting underneath but leaving the bottom edge open to allow anything that did get in to drain.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    ...the studs might shear off though...
    The studs shouldn't sheer off if its done right. It just requires a bit of know-how, some patience and the right spanners to get at the bolts from inside the bootlid.

Even if they do shear, the studs can be replaced as they slide into the bracket in the spoiler. It depends on how bad the underside of the spoiler is, obviously.