Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turbo oil feed leaking still..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    A dowty washer is normally used on hydraulic lines and is basically a washer with a plastic type insert to help it all seal.
    Worth a try then? Where would one get his hands on said washers? Also is it worth putting plumbing tape on the threads aswell incase its escaping that way?

Rides
    Does anyone know what size of Dowty i need is it m12?

Also here are pictures.

Rides
    M12 washer for M12 bolt normally. But you have helicoiled so you may want the next size up. Try to see if you can get a few sizes to try out.

Also see if you can get them with viton rubber as they will have a higher temp rating.

Ive got them from ebay before.

Oh. Get the self centering ones.
    Last edited by snops; 30-06-2014 at 21:02.

Rides
    i would take it out, wet n dry on the face of the hole to remove any bits. them get a M12 x 1.25 x 31mm banjo (you may have to grind a few threads off the end) and use dowty washers! thats what i did on mine! nipped it up and its ok now! just a thought... did you remove all the swarf and little lug after helicoiling? only reason i ask is the hole in the original bolt goes smaller inside and its easy to block up with crap! give that a good clean too mate!

Rides
    Cheers guys i gave it a good clean out when we drilled as didnt want stuff getting in, when i was round seeing alex last night he gave me a packet of nylon washers to try, i took it off and put a copper washer on the bolt between the banjo and the socket end then another copper washer between block and banjo then the nylon washer between block and the last copper washer, started it up and it was just a slight drip but i had more to tighten so gave it a nip up and it it didnt drip at all in the 5 or so minutes it was running.

Is this a permanent fix?

Rides
    i hope so! otherwise me and you are both stuffed! lol

Rides
    Just keep an eye on it bud.

You sure the thread isn't too long on the bolt means it went tight with that extra little bit of space taken up by the nylon washer?

Rides
    Yeah i will keep an eye on it guys cheers, well at first i tightened it up, told my mum to start it and it still leaked, so i thought i would try and tighten it more and then it was a slight drip and at this point it was that tight i didnt want to tighten it more incase i broke something or was doing something wrong but i just gave it another quarter turn and the leak stopped, although its alot tighter than i would have thought needed, the bolt was miby slightly too short now if the hellacoil wasnt in far enough? I dunno. Im just glad its fixed, have just been out for a drive for about an hour and it felt great.