Thread: battery died on my s14 now hazards won't stop flashing

Rides

battery died on my s14 now hazards won't stop flashing

Hi guys,
    Had a flat battery so we bump started the car, now the hazards won't stop flashing to the alarm rhythm but with no alarm siren going off.

Tryed removing battery for a few seconds
    Locking unlocking

I don't have a remote locking key thob either.

Thanks guys

Rides
    What alarm/immobiliser is fitted ? Is it a NATS car ?

Rides
    Says Nat's on the key thob think its a standard Nissan alarm

Guys I would try search this but on my phone
    Last edited by mrkingo; 27-06-2014 at 19:45.

Rides
    I don't know anything much about NATS other than that it was a factory feature of early s14s before they moved to NATS2 which was more sophisticated.

I think there is a chip in the key that works with the immobiliser/alarm.

Maybe the key needs to be resynced with the alarm to stop the lights flashing. I'm surprised you've managed to start the car though as I would have expected the immobiliser to stop it starting, if you see what I mean.

Someone who knows will probs be along shortly

Rides
    Well its a 2000 reg so should be the nats2? Not 100% sure

Rides
    I recon your alarm is going off but your siren has been disconnected. You need the remote fob or master fob to switch off the alarm.

One thing to check. Do the hazards stop flashing after 30 seconds?
    Last edited by snops; 27-06-2014 at 21:05.

Rides
    Ah brilliant anyway I can get round it until I get a new nats module and fobs?
    They stop for a few seconds then start again.
    Once I lock the car via key in drivers door they stop......but then I unlock and open the door they start flashing again agggaahhhhhh

Thanks for the replies guys

Rides
    Right guys I have managed to stop the hazzards flashing and the car still runs as it did........

Not to sure what I did..... I removed the module from under the head unit facia this is were the relay for the alarm hazards was clicking. I unpluhed it and they stopped.... Pluged it in again they started again.....so I removed the pcb board from inside it plunged all back in.... Rested it on my metal gear knob ...... They mysteriously stopped hahaha there was no magic smoke or burning smell they just stopped flashing !

Result thanks for the help guys

Will be looking into getting a new module and fobs asap!
    Thanks

Rides
    Do your hazards still work ?

Rides
    alarm and immobiliser are separate - so it will start with the alarm on like someone said it sounds like the alarm siren has been disconnected/switched off (there is a key operated switch on the siren).

If I remember rightly mine did this as well when I had no battery sorted itself out with a few keyfob presses.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkingo View Post
    Right guys I have managed to stop the hazzards flashing and the car still runs as it did........

Not to sure what I did..... I removed the module from under the head unit facia this is were the relay for the alarm hazards was clicking. I unpluhed it and they stopped.... Pluged it in again they started again.....so I removed the pcb board from inside it plunged all back in.... Rested it on my metal gear knob ...... They mysteriously stopped hahaha there was no magic smoke or burning smell they just stopped flashing !

Result thanks for the help guys

Will be looking into getting a new module and fobs asap!
    Thanks
    Lol remind me never to buy a car from you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyhx View Post
    alarm and immobiliser are separate - so it will start with the alarm on like someone said it sounds like the alarm siren has been disconnected/switched off (there is a key operated switch on the siren).
    Yeah, this.

The remote keyfob operates the alarm and the central locking, the immobiliser is deactivated by the sensor around the ignition switch detecting the chip in the key.

Unlocking the door using the key instead of the remote keyfob operates the central locking but doesn't deactivate the alarm, as soon as you open the door the alarm goes off which is the hazards flashing and usually the siren sounding, the siren can sometimes be disabled using the key in a lock barrel on the siren itself, or sometimes the siren is just ripped out in frustration

Rides
    Yeah that js guys looking at getting a new set of fobs when I can! They seem quite expensive as well! Watching some on flebay but they want £50!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkingo View Post
    Yeah that js guys looking at getting a new set of fobs when I can! They seem quite expensive as well! Watching some on flebay but they want £50!
    Go and talk to Nissan and you'll realise how cheap £50 is