Thread: S13 Sr smoke questions

Rides

S13 Sr smoke questions

Bit of a weird one, just after some thoughts really before I go off on a tangent.

It's an s13 Sr, had a brand new garret gt2560r about 3 years back and has covered approx 10k since. Currently running 1.2bar.

Issue I get is on track (grip, never does it when drifting or when driving on the road) when I lift off from high rpm I get a trail of oily smoke. Enough to prick the marshalls ears up.

The car doesn't use any oil, doesn't puff any out under any other circumstances, only when I lift off on track.

Engine has good compression and cylinder leakage results. The breather from inlet to pcv on the cam cover has also been blanked off.

Baffled as to what to look at first really. Drives fine on the road, only ever does it under deceleration when on track....

Any help appreciated!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Rides
    you sure its oil? if its oil burning on overrun i would think its most likely stem seals especially with a failry new turbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Yeah it's white/blue. That's what I'm leant towards. Got a half built engine on a stand, should pull my finger out really!

I think I'll do another cylinder leakage test to check the rings and if they're ok I'll assume stem seals

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk