Thread: S14a - Loss of power between 2.5k-3k rpm..

Rides

S14a - Loss of power between 2.5k-3k rpm..

I have a weird issue where if your on boost in any gear, low enough to be in the 2.5-3k RPM region. That's either flast out in first or second, or a motorway overtake in 4/5th. As soon as the RPM hits around 2.5k it completely bogs down to the point you can feel your loosing power, it then hits over 3k and it pick up again?!

This was happening prior to me installing a FMIC. There is NO boost leaks this was tested in a garage last night. What are my options? Look at plugs? Still relativity new on these engines so advice would be great!

Lewis

Rides
    I have the same problem. But mine is becouse my exhaust manifold had a leek when I maped the car, so now when I removed the leek, i dont have enough fuel in that area and boost comes sooner than when maped.

I guess you have a problem with leek between engine and ex mani., or mani turbo. Try checking if there are leeks there.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by doggy View Post
    I have the same problem. But mine is becouse my exhaust manifold had a leek when I maped the car, so now when I removed the leek, i dont have enough fuel in that area and boost comes sooner than when maped.

I guess you have a problem with leek between engine and ex mani., or mani turbo. Try checking if there are leeks there.
    I fixed a blow from Manifold>Turbo gasket.

I have a slight blow from the elbow>downpipe. I guess this is the cause. Im just awaiting on new gaskets now!