Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The World Cup

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    Go on, name one. Edit; Not Ian Wright, the man's an idiot.

I want The Premier League to refuse to uphold Suarez' ban, because it is not in the interests of one of their members. Not because I support Liverpool, just because I want to see what FIFA could do about it.
    If the boy (and he is a boy for biting) never plays football professionally again, it will be too soon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Friendlies dont count, and I dont know how we didnt manage to beat Costa Rica last night, we were by far the better team. Its not been a good World Cup, far from it, but its not been terrible either, Id rather see them try and fail than not try in the first place.
    Or qualify, eh Scotland?
    There is no try.
    Try and you will fail
    Do and you will succeed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    If the boy (and he is a boy for biting) never plays football professionally again, it will be too soon.
    The worst thing about it all is that he still doesn't think he's done anything wrong. He's a proper nutcase he's just very fortunate that he also happens to be a fantastic footballer.

As for England... pfff. Perhaps a manager with a set of balls and an ounce of tactical nous might have gotten us somewhere.

Rides
    Well in an interesting twist, now England are out and no-one cares about the world cup anymore it seems some of the pundits out there are finding ways to amuse themselves.

Chris Kamara has taken up crime fighting

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-28064420

Football pundit and former Leeds United star Chris Kamara has chased down a suspected thief at the World Cup in Brazil.

Kamara, who also played for Sheffield United and managed Bradford City, caught the suspect, who is thought to have been arrested by police.

Kamara, 56, tweeted: "Not lost me pace!!! I just caught this street robber. Done in now though."

He also tweeted pictures of the man, who failed to escape the scene.
    _75898830_chriskamara2.jpg

_75898587_chriskamara1.jpg

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Unbelievable Jeff.

C'mon Chile.

Rides
    Disappointed. Just don't want to see such an ordinary Brazil side win the World Cup as they did in '94 and '02.

Rides
    I can't see Brazil winning this competition if they continue to play like that did on Sat.

Rides
    Why doesn't the ref just put a yellow shirt on. Now going to have to rely on Germany for my ABB wishes.

Rides
    The game is ridiculous, every player on both sides just falls over like they were shot in the back, bunch of pussies

Rides
    Bunch of hoofers, hackers and fakers getting by on the past glories of true greats. With every boot out of defence Garincha must have taken one more spin in his grave.

Great goal by the player of the tournament, must have been some quality drugs to arrive at that conclusion, but has David Luiz ever hit the target with a free kick before tonight?

Rides
    yes Luiz has scored like that before, so no totally out of the blue...

Rides
    Assumed he must have, because most of the ones he takes for Chelsea seem to be a greater threat to the floodlights and yet he's still allowed to by his team mates/ manager.

Rides
    lol actually he has scored a few for Chelsea....

ie

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Great game, gutted Colombia couldnt get the 2nd goal though as they were clearly the better team. Brazil dont have Neymar after tonight, anyone else hear "Deutsches Uber Alles" playing faintly in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    No Neymar and no Tiago Silva, the refs are going to have to be even less subtle than they have been. Suited David Luiz, the whole game seemed to be controlled by 10 year olds with playstation controllers. Can't believe this and the Germany v France game were both 90 minutes.

I generally want Germany to win the World Cup, from the realistic prospects I mean.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    LOL @ Subtle, not the word I would have used. "Bent", "overt" and "paid off handsomely/threatened with their safety" spring to mind
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Didn't really care between Costa Rica and the Dutch until they put on Krul, then I wanted them to fall flat on their faces. Nice to see the proper big teams through, well apart from Holland.

So the hype about Belgium didn't last. The better players just didn't turn up. Think it was the last game where they said Hazard could be in the top 5 players in the world this season, top 20 maybe, top 5 don't think so. Certainly see why Jose isn't so fussed about Lukaku.

Rides

Rides
    And then some! Where the **** are they??