Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis's RB25 S14a - The never ending project..

Rides
    New alloys;

Bought these yesterday. Turned up today! All good, other than my clutch going on the way home. One expensive month no doubt!

Rides
    New clutch fitted. £530 later.. Usually i would buy online and get a friend to fit. But, in the circumstance i needed it done asap. So i guess your pay more!

Also accidently bought some coilovers... So it should look very nice once its lowered and the grids fitted. 25mm spacers next to give it some stance!

Rides
    Got my new alloys fitted, and i love them!

Awaiting my delivery of coilovers to get the fitted now! Things are taking shape!

Last edited by zeldoz; 11-08-2014 at 11:16.

Rides
    Looking good mate! You'll be cleaning them wheels every couple days lol. Got the same, washed them went for a Drive and had to wash them again! Lol

Where you ordered your coilies from? Ordered some 3 weeks ago from whifbitz (didn't realise they were on holiday until after I ordered online) was hoping for them to be here before Southern Motor Show this weekend but looks very unlikely now.

Good job with the car though, think I seen it on a Facebook page looking rather sorry for itself but lots done in short period done well mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by scotch_kris View Post
    Looking good mate! You'll be cleaning them wheels every couple days lol. Got the same, washed them went for a Drive and had to wash them again! Lol

Where you ordered your coilies from? Ordered some 3 weeks ago from whifbitz (didn't realise they were on holiday until after I ordered online) was hoping for them to be here before Southern Motor Show this weekend but looks very unlikely now.

Good job with the car though, think I seen it on a Facebook page looking rather sorry for itself but lots done in short period done well mate
    First drive on them was 4 miles and i could see the brake dust building already.... nightmare colour!!

I bought the coilovers used off a member on here. 300 miles of use, and they look like new still! - So i got a bargain really!!

Thanks means alot, alot of hard work and sweat and tears gone into this! Comming off the road in September for some welding over the winter, and if funds allow a cheeky RB25...

Rides
    One of the last exterior updates for awhile now sadly. I'm going to be investing into a 306HDi diesel runabout for the winter, as i need a sill welded underneath on this and i dont fancy driving this over winter sadly.

Can anyone recommend a good place other than eBay for a car cover? - It will be under my flat in a garage but i want to cover it also. Never bought one before really.

So, my coilies arrived and i decided as im impatient as ****, to change the fronts yesterday evening.

She's nose down at the moment, until this weather clears enough for me to do the rears!

I will be doing the front even lower, but first i need to move a wiring loom that is a common problem of being to low on a 200, they end up chewed up by the tyre!

Rides
    If you do an RB swap count me in as a spare pair of hands!! I was reading up on it a while a go when I considered it and must have read the wiring guide 100 times Good to see you down in Brighton last night dude! The old girl was stunning. Good to see someone taking a snotter and retuning it to its former glory! You can't deny the 200 drives better than the Glanza even if its down on power a bit.

Rides
    It's a nicer drive admittedly! Just need to 2a this or RB it. I'll see how funds go across winter!
    Appreciate the comments, I just saw through the state it was in.. And thought I. I have tried to really make her a beat!

Rides
    Cars now off the road. Saving for welding! I was planning on RB25. But i want to sort a flat out, so might put that on hold... We'll have to wait and see!

Rides
    So, this week it finally dawned on me that i love this car.

Its been hibernating in my garage since early September, its caked in dust and is very sorry for itself.

I finally pulled my ass out of gear, booked a quote to repair my sills and its this Saturday @ 9am. - Time to stop thinking about fixing it, and actually fix it.

I also still need to fit my rear coilovers! I completely forgot about them!!

Took some snaps of the car all tucked away and dusty for winter!

And a few to show the 7 months dust! - Even the neighbours are getting involved...

----------

So the saving has begun... Lets hope Saturday goes well!
    Last edited by zeldoz; 03-02-2015 at 11:55.

Rides
    Well, just an update to how Saturday went.

A well known guy in the MX5 world happens to run a MX5-Restorers which is a few minutes from me.

He came around spent around an hour looking over the car to see what was involved and how we could utilse my reapir section from spize_weazle.

He gave me a quote, and the car's gone away for 2-3 weeks. I told him have it as long as he needs as i wont have means of payment until the end of February/ very early March.

So FINALLY 7 months later, iv pulled my finger out and the build will continue!

I have a long list of bits and bobs i want to do when the car is back. Starting with wire brushing behind the front and rear bumpers then applying a thick coat of hammerite to prevent surface rust. I remember seeing abit before when i took off the rear bumper to have a look at the my rear numberplate lights.

They are also on the first hit list, as they dont work.

Question:
    Where is the power/earth for the rear numberplate light? - Can i buy some LED replacment strips and wire those to the existing plate wiring so they will work off the stalks as usual?

Two pics; one during the inspection, the second at the garage!

Still at home..

At the garage!
    Last edited by zeldoz; 09-02-2015 at 09:39. Reason: Adding pictures.

Rides
    I've used these for my rear reg lights and they're brilliant.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251513904054

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I've used these for my rear reg lights and they're brilliant.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251513904054
    Exactly what im after.

Can i re-connect these to the original numberplate lightning loom so they work off the stalks like the originals?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldoz View Post
    Exactly what im after.

Can i re-connect these to the original numberplate lightning loom so they work off the stalks like the originals?
    Yep just join the wires together and zip tie the light tubes to the bumper

Rides
    Yep just join the wires together and zip tie the light tubes to the bumper
    That sounds fine, i was worried it may be over complicated.

1 of those tubes looks enough, have you got any pictures of yours on? and did you use 2 or just 1 tube?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldoz View Post
    That sounds fine, i was worried it may be over complicated.

1 of those tubes looks enough, have you got any pictures of yours on? and did you use 2 or just 1 tube?
    No literally two wires live and ground. Just cut it after the standard connector so you can still unplug them rapidly for bumper removal. just found this pic of them fitted

I used both mate they're only 6 inch long. One going over each of the 'openings' in bumper. My cars away at the moment so can't get pics. It's super easy though and works very well.

Rides
    No literally two wires live and ground. Just cut it after the standard connector so you can still unplug them rapidly for bumper removal. just found this pic of them fitted

I used both mate they're only 6 inch long. One going over each of the 'openings' in bumper. My cars away at the moment so can't get pics. It's super easy though and works very well.
    I'll be snapping those up eventually.

Got a call from my welder yesterday. Extremely bad news. The rust situation is a lot worse than originally expected. - Costs have sky-rocketed beyond belief. The figure is horrendously expensive. I have no idea why, but i still want to fix it.

Every inch of me tells me to walk away.. and the holes, rot and rust is relentless underneath. Its destroyed the outer sill, rear floor plan, front wheel arches and its starting on the rear. Luckily, the rear needs 1 single patch. But, the rest of the car is a disaster. Absolute WORSE case scenario. - Typical its my car!

I'll let the pictures do the talking...

The worst picture...

Yes, thats floor carpet and sound deadening....

A video...

So, im looking at a bill over twice the anticipated amount. Im NOT giving up. I will restore this car and enjoy it for what it is...

She will live on. The whole car is going to be completely stripped of surface rust, then a chemical to stop rust, then repairs.. THEN under-seal. Once finished i can finally forget about the damn sills and enjoy the car like i want too! Almost a year of ownership and iv driven it for about 2 months so far..

More updates soon.

Rides
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=575224

Sure it's not cheaper to reshell?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ouch, that's not ideal
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Sorry to hear about the rust mate, Mine is going in the body shop in April to have the underside completely stripped / kurusted and fully undersealed... praying I have nothing as terrifying as this lurking.