Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis's RB25 S14a - The never ending project..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    R33 has 2 plastic hose joiners on the bulkhead behind the plenum
    Yeah space is tight.. They're connected just not behind the bulkhead, just to the left of plenum

Rides
    Hopefully filling it with coolant today.. Fitting the rad hoses and clamping...

Re-fitting all my intercooler piping..

Fit the air filter..

probably something else i've missed..

Almost ready!

Rides
    Well it didn't start. Start motor cliked everytime i turned the key.. all the lights on the dash worked. So it's a start.

I only tried to start it for about 5 minutes as it was 9pm by the time i was ready jump it.

Gave up, got in bed. Then it dawned on me which i dont remember connecting anymore than 1 main engine earth.. So that wasn't clever. Oh well, on hold until Sunday now!

Rides
    School boyed it! Hopefully its just that and sunday will be full of eargasms for you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chappy View Post
    School boyed it! Hopefully its just that and sunday will be full of eargasms for you

School boy error! But my back was aching and i was stressed! haha!

Hopefully. Findind out where the earths are seem tricky. I remember finding one not very thick one near the alternator. I was about to bolt it down, then got sidetracked and im pretty sure i never earthed it lol! So it might not of had any earth at all!

Literally turn the key.. i could hear "click" from the starter. So not sure if that's a good sign or not!?

Rides
    Generally a sign of a flat battery dude. hook her up to youd daily?

Rides
    The click is just the solenoid firing to engage the splines - Its normal and means you're getting some sort of power at least!

Rides
    Just need to remember that the solenoid and dash lights operate on very little power.... turning the engine over however requires alot

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    The click is just the solenoid firing to engage the splines - Its normal and means you're getting some sort of power at least!
    Atleast i have power to the starter.

Just need to remember that the solenoid and dash lights operate on very little power.... turning the engine over however requires alot

Yeah, all electrics were working. I had the worst old useless jump leads ever with bad connections so im not suprised even if it was earthed it probably wouldn't of worked.

It was hooked up to my old mans 5 series. I'm trying to borrow a booster pack or something for the weekend!

Rides
    Yeah ive seen a lot of people buy these £10 jump leads at tescos/halfrauds... what a waste of money... they need to be attatched for so long to give it life i can jump 10 cars in the time it takes my mate to jump 1. People dont mind spending 1000s on decent tools but dont wanna spend a few extra quid on decent jump leads.... which are a tool lol... i strongly recommend a good set of nice thick leads haha much cheaper than a starter pack

Rides
    Ps the mini rant was aimed at my mate.... not that hell ever see it haha

Rides
    Yeah ive seen a lot of people buy these £10 jump leads at tescos/halfrauds... what a waste of money... they need to be attatched for so long to give it life i can jump 10 cars in the time it takes my mate to jump 1. People dont mind spending 1000s on decent tools but dont wanna spend a few extra quid on decent jump leads.... which are a tool lol... i strongly recommend a good set of nice thick leads haha much cheaper than a starter pack

Yeah, im going to invest in the booster packs of ebay. Supposed to jump it 15-16 times in one charge.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-P...item2a54a4009b

Ps the mini rant was aimed at my mate.... not that hell ever see it haha

Ahaha, i do love forums as your right. Chances are he wont ever see it!

Rides
    She didn't turn on. Much unhappiness ...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...-the-diagnosis!

Rides
    Well i thought i could do a little update;

Sunday i finished off the inter cooler piping. It's very bodged.. but, it'll do for now. I'm hoping i'll have a Greedy inlet by Christmas and get rid of the lengthy intercooler piping.

I have the engine turning over.. but it's not turning on! Got a thread running for diagnosis help currently.

Some engine bay shots.. It's a little messy.. does need some tidying up.

Hopefully it'll fire up soon!

Rides
    Looks awesome dude, fingers crossed she fires up soon!

Rides
    have you got an earth from the block to chassis? and then the chassis to chassis? or from the inlet manifold?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboi200sx View Post
    have you got an earth from the block to chassis? and then the chassis to chassis? or from the inlet manifold?
    Earth locations;

1x Drivers side turrent > Front inlet bolt.
    1x Passenger side block > firewall (One of the holes where the ABS unit would be)
    1x Battery > Wing bolt
    1x Alternator, Gearbox loom earth, and original engine earth bolted to subframe.

I got ahold of a multimeter today. Going to go over the F4 connector and R33 ECU plug and ascertain whether the 12v power is coming out in the correct locations etc.

Jesus christ i hate electrics. I always worried this day might come!

Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Looks awesome dude, fingers crossed she fires up soon!
    Thanks mate. Needs a greedy inlet and a few hours tidying up! But that'll come when she's running!

Rides
    So.. Tonight she finally turned on!

I pulled the OEM intake pipe off the rocker covers, undone all the bolts and pulled the coilpack cover off to see if they was still earthed. Well, they was which was really annoying! Took me ages to undo everything then put it back. Anyway as I finish I dropped the ratchet, it hit the CAS and knocked the plug off. Plugged it back on and I realised it must've never been clicked 'on' in the first place..

Put the key in, started first time... Really really annoying!!! So simple. Only idled for a few seconds had no IC pipes connected and was fad too late to run it longer in my echoey garage!!

That called for a spruce up inside the car.

Managed to squeeze the ECU and the bulk of the wiring behind the OEM panel. Didn't think it would fit but once I took off the ECU brackets that done the trick.

This is kinda the final look on the conversion I guess. Just needs a rad overflow can.. The ribena bottle will do for now.. Just need to get her fired up properly once I pull it out the garage hopefully this weekend and bleed the rad. Make sure everything's working and check the brakes!

[

I will sort that front IC pipe.. Needs to be 2 piece rather than the join in the middle!
    Last edited by Zeldoz; 06-10-2015 at 22:38.

Rides
    Video?

Rides
    You need to get a side intake manifold the ic pipe work length makes me itch