Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Lewis's RB25 S14a - The never ending project..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matas View Post
    Great to hear that it's running trouble free! Those guages lit up in red at night would look immense, bet they were not cheap.
    Thanks mate!

I haven't actually been out at night yet lol. So i havent touched the night mode settings yet. Cian colour in the day which i love! - They wern't cheap. But, i've ALWAYS loved these and the DEFI's. But, in a straight toss up the Greddy's won!!!

Rides
    So i haven't been active lately, and i must admit iv been quite busy with work. But, come the weekends iv been doing odd bits to the Nissan.

2 weeks ago i decided to pop over to a friends unit about a half hour drive. Armed with a drill, wire brushes, wire drill bits, hammerite, waxoil and undealseal. It was time to do the job iv FOREVER put off. - Clean up the underneath. Various arms/track rods/anti roll bar/front support bars. All needed a good clean up.

Remind me never to own such a low car. To even get it on the ramp i had to jack it up onto 2x axle stands before the lifts arms would go underneath the side skirts!!

On the ramp...

Up high....

I spent over 4 hours cleaning underneath. After my hair was filled with metal fragments/dust and rust. My eyes were red raw i called it a day on the cleaning and began painting myself as well as the car. Remind me NEVER to get this shite on my hands again. I must've spent 30 minutes washing myself at home and i still looked like i dipped my hands in black paint!!

Then this weekend just gone i decided to whip the rear bumper off and give that that a clean/sealing. Finished product on the rear looks great. Really happy and good to keep the old girl winter ready! I also redone the LED numberplate light loom as it had since better days!!

Whilst i was at it my LED's arrived for my cluster lights. So out that came. Fairly straightforward. I think i'll re-remove one evening and use a red sharpie to colour in my needles. iv seen other threads where this helps them illuminate red and look funky. - I'll try that!

Pic isn't the best. But, they look great in person.

I also fitted my water temperature sensor in my top rad hose. Not convinced on how well it's sitting. May need to buy a new top hose and retry it. However, i drove over 70 miles last weekend without a hitch. - Just waiting on wiring to arrive so i can plumb that into my cheap temp gauge. - Greddy gauage to match the rest is on my list!!

(Pic to follow) for temp sender.

More updates to follow.

Rides
    What product did you use to treat the underneath? Did you get it all done in one day??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    What product did you use to treat the underneath? Did you get it all done in one day??

I used underseal and Waxoyl - I spent 6+ hours in total doing it. It wasn't dry when i drove home either. So took it slow and managed to not get any on the bodywork lol. I just had visions of the wheels flicking it all over the rear of the car!!

It could've been alot worse for me. But when i had the sills done they stripped the majority out for me. So i was only attacking surface crap really.
    Ideally i'd of liked to of spent a weekend on it. But time n all!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldoz View Post
    I used underseal and Waxoyl - I spent 6+ hours in total doing it. It wasn't dry when i drove home either. So took it slow and managed to not get any on the bodywork lol. I just had visions of the wheels flicking it all over the rear of the car!!

It could've been alot worse for me. But when i had the sills done they stripped the majority out for me. So i was only attacking surface crap really.
    Ideally i'd of liked to of spent a weekend on it. But time n all!!
    I was thinking you may have used zinc primers and epoxy resin paint. Or something like por15.

I want to do Mine, going to wait until I have my new garage and a ramp. Then it will be subframe out. But to be honest I want to do something now. It would be so reassuring for the winter.

Rides
    I was thinking you may have used zinc primers and epoxy resin paint. Or something like por15.

I want to do Mine, going to wait until I have my new garage and a ramp. Then it will be subframe out. But to be honest I want to do something now. It would be so reassuring for the winter.

Ahh no that's been sorted when sills were done!
    I'd definitely give it something if lives outside?

Much easier on ramp! I'm thinking of buying a subframe. Giving it a refurb and new bushes and do a straight swap? I see them for £30-£40 but I bet postage would be brutal lol!

Rides
    Ahh no that's been sorted when sills were done!
    I'd definitely give it something if lives outside?

Much easier on ramp! I'm thinking of buying a subframe. Giving it a refurb and new bushes and do a straight swap? I see them for £30-£40 but I bet postage would be brutal lol!
    Yes it lives outside until my garage is built
    That's exactly what u did. I have a subframe which I picked up for 50 quid. Needs a blast and some rust proofing and paint. Also bought polybushes. Will get it all prepped and then swap them. But I want to paint the car underneath while the subframe is out.

Rides
    Well it’s been awhile.

I debated selling up then decided to sell up. Never really got there I couldn’t bring myself to actually advertising it! Now I’m wanting to get her going again there’s a few issues like a horrible gearbox noise when driving but it still drives fine. Almost like something’s loose? And my brakes need replacing or rebuilding as it’s sat for so long..

But I cleaned it this weekend after it’s sat building up dirt for over a year.
    I did try to start it but the braided fuel hoses in the bay have corroded so bad they’ve split, I ended up spraying petrol everywhere... that was fun..

edit

Can’t seem to get images working?
    Last edited by Zeldoz; 27-10-2018 at 18:34.

Rides
    Good to hear you kept the car. I always regretted selling my S12, after 12 years I bought another one.

These silvias of any generation have such a fun spirit not matched by many other cars.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wocketfast2 View Post
    Good to hear you kept the car. I always regretted selling my S12, after 12 years I bought another one.

These silvias of any generation have such a fun spirit not matched by many other cars.
    Thanks mate. It’s been a good decision I think to keep her. I think I wouldn’t done exactly what you did!

Itching to get outside and do something constructive but my god it’s cold.

Rides
    Iv nicknamed this Cinderella because this is a true fairytale. I’m in and out of love with this thing more than Disney’s made love stories.

Just bought lots of goodies for this now. Firstly brakes as my discs have had it. My own fault for not driving it for years. Also got new pads all round, a new Greddy 60mm water temperature gauge to finish of my set. Now I just need to connect up oil pressure and temperature and that’ll be the full set all reading.

Also bought a Thread insert rivet tool. Sick of drilling out holes and slapping a bolt in. Should help with neatness of mounting bits!

Updates to come in coming weeks!

Rides
    Thread insert rivet tool - I need one of those for when I have to take the front slitter off. currently its riveted on, but it would be handy to be able to unscrew the thing, especially as it blocks the two hook.

You learn something everyday.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wocketfast2 View Post
    Thread insert rivet tool - I need one of those for when I have to take the front slitter off. currently its riveted on, but it would be handy to be able to unscrew the thing, especially as it blocks the two hook.

You learn something everyday.
    I found it on a BoostedBoiz YouTube video, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen them before lol! £14.95 for instant threaded holes!!

I’m going to use it for remounting my rad, expansion tank, p/s tank and anything else I guess!! Can’t wait for that to come lol

Rides
    I found it on a BoostedBoiz YouTube video, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen them before lol! £14.95 for instant threaded holes!!

I’m going to use it for remounting my rad, expansion tank, p/s tank and anything else I guess!! Can’t wait for that to come lol
    Are we talking rivnuts here or something new?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sounds like rivnuts useful tool
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Are we talking rivnuts here or something new?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Sounds like rivnuts useful tool
    Rivnuts! That's it. For the life of me i couldn't remember that name... - How have i not seen these before? I can't even begin to think how handy it would've been on previous cars!
    Last edited by Zeldoz; 06-11-2018 at 23:48.

Rides
    I still love this car. Although i literally havent touched her in 2 years. Im Sorry.

Last edited by Zeldoz; 27-02-2021 at 17:26.

Rides
    U still got it! Where did u get those rear spats? I need some.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline boy View Post
    U still got it! Where did u get those rear spats? I need some.
    Yeah mate, she's still here!

The spats are apart of the whole kit i got years back, I just didnt get the front bumper as it was abit custom and not my cup of tea! I dont even know the name of the kit anymore as its been awhile!

Rides
    I still love this car. Although i literally havent touched her in 2 years. Im Sorry.

Why!!! I try and drive mine once a week. I think the longer you don't the longer you can't be asked.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk