Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lewis's RB25 S14a - The never ending project..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chris shrewsbury View Post
    Yea in the o/s fuse box there's some relays green ones I think swap them around and then try it do one thing at a time and try it to see if it repairs the problem then you know exactly what it is that's been doing it. The temptation is to chuck bits on and then you never really know where you are. Hope this helps like I say drop me a pm and I can help more or drop me a text I can send pictures and stuff 07546511652
    I'm going to work on it abit tomorrow so I'll bare you in mind thanks mate! I'm definitely going to check the fuses

Iv removed my MAF lid and can see one of the four contacts is dry, so I'm going to resolder that tomorrow and refit.
    IVAC is coming off tomorrow for a clean. Then I'll try resetting the idle and see if that stops the hunting. Which I'm hoping will stop the cutout.

What's the best way to clean the slam panel peoples? Mines in need of a clean/paint to freshen it up.

Rides
    The one green one is the relay swap it with the one next to it and try that

Rides
    I am thinking now weather yours is the same or not as mine is an s13 which originally had a ca18 det

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chris shrewsbury View Post
    I am thinking now weather yours is the same or not as mine is an s13 which originally had a ca18 det
    S14a with RB25.

Rides
    Same thing looking at google mate

Rides
    So been doing a few bits the last few day.

Finally refitted the MAF. It's had a clean and the 4 contacts resoldered.
    Fitted a new coolant temperate sensor.

I still haven't managed to get the Idle valve of for a clean yet. But that's next.

I had a few bits and bobs arrived that I had ordered as well HKS mushroom filter and a HKS SSQV to finish it off. Got some 4mm bungs as well to cap off the unused VAC's on the intake. Was using bolts in VAC hose before lol.

Spent awhile relocating the steering fluid resoivor. That was messy, pipes were so greasy. I managed to mount it on the slams panel alongside the radiator. I'm happy with the position. I haven't driven it. But idling and turning the wheels seemed okay, no scary noises. I also got away with cutting any of the pipes, once I undone the mount of the turret, the bottle past under the IC pipe and all the pipes curved lovely without kinks. So that's a bonus!

Seriously thinking about relocating the fusebox to the boot as well now..

Also have some Greddy DA 60mm gauages on order, boost, oil temperature and oil pressure. - water temperate and a wideband next on the list!
    Last edited by Zeldoz; 02-05-2017 at 20:39.

Rides
    id recommend moving the fuse box, personally id put it where the passenger air bag is/was... that's if you've removed it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboi200sx View Post
    id recommend moving the fuse box, personally id put it where the passenger air bag is/was... that's if you've removed it.
    So my dash is literally still intact and when iv been mooching an doing bits I swear there could be no way you'd fit that under there surely?
    Iv been reading its around 30 wires or so to extend but it's just the thought of doing that many all 5m's..

Rides
    I have mine where the passenger airbag used to be and yeah it's about 30 wires give or take, I labelled all mine up before moving

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboi200sx View Post
    I have mine where the passenger airbag used to be and yeah it's about 30 wires give or take, I labelled all mine up before moving

I think I'll tackle it next month. It's been something iv always wanted to bloody shift, I don't wanna remove a passenger airbag to compensate for it though! Safety first haha!!

Did you keep everything in the housing of the box the fuses or did you strip it all out?

Rides
    New gauages arrived;

They do this awesome startup sequence that has a some options for different things lol so damn cool!!

Want to get the matching water temp one. Then need a wide and and should be good for monitoring what's going on..

Rides
    They look soooooo cool

Rides
    Nice gauges

Rides
    Spent the last few weeks doing various little bits. Tided up so much wiring and soldered previous chrimps/twists.

Car has been intermittent lately. Sometimes fires from cold first time and runs no issues.

I still have a intermittent issue where i can be under load at 30mph and the whole car completely dies cutting out. Happened yesterday. Rolled to a hault. Then after 2nd time of asking she fired again, and drove for 30 miles without a single issue.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the CAS or dodgey coilpacks?

My cold start could be badly gapped spark plugs, so i will recheck them. Anyone know the gapping for a RB25?

I also cleaned out the IAVC valve which im hoping has helped idle.

and my 60mm pillar pod arrived from Japan!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Love those gauges
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Love those gauges
    Without doubt the best gauges i've ever bought! Theres so many options in the menu's to customise colours, startup sequence, warning lights/noises, peaks, lows ...

Does anyone know if there is a cable route from the cabin to the sump via the gearbox tunnel/housing area? As im needing to run a oil temp gauge from the sump up to a guage and rather not go via the bay if possible?

Rides
    Update;

She's working!

After testing voltage/ohms on all my important things for what feels like that 30th time i re-adjusted the TPS i checked the continuity on the MAF wiring and from reading online at how it shold be wired i believed the signal ground/ground was mixed up at the ECU end. I swapped these, and my problem was still there.

I then bought my 2nd MAF for £35 off eBay with 2 broken tabs where you bolt it to the air filter adapter. - Plugged in... BOOM fired first time, no hunting, no misfiring, no weird stalling, nothing.

I then swapped back the wiring and the car was acting funky again, so i THINK at this point i had 2 issues. Bad wiring/Intermittently faulty MAF. - I had resoldered the joints in the MAF and also cleaned the sensor carefully and i had driven it since, but i can only think it was only causing me issues when i hit bumps, or a bad bit of road which may have caused the MAF to then start having a wobble and stall the car? - Who knows...

So i Fk'ing jumped in and bloody drove it for over 40 miles without a hitch! So happy.
    Last edited by Zeldoz; 14-06-2017 at 08:51.

Rides
    That is awesome news Does this mean weekender tracktime for you?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    That is awesome news Does this mean weekender tracktime for you?
    Oh you bad person.

How dare you be so suggestive!! - I'll look into this now

---

I recently bought a triple pillar pod for my Greddy gauges. However, they just look shockingly bad when fitted becuase its a universal item. So annoying. Im not a fan of mounting them on the dashboard or on the steering wheel surround either.
    So i fitted the on the apillar in their original mounts. To be honest, im actually quite happy with how they look at the moment so they may end up staying there..

Also a few weekends away i invested in some wire drill pieces to clean up all of my inner arches and the rear end. Behind the bumper/underneath hammerite/waxoil and a sealant should do the trick and help keep the elements out. (No pictures yet, will get some when i apply the stuff!

Rides
    Great to hear that it's running trouble free! Those guages lit up in red at night would look immense, bet they were not cheap.